- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 12 Nov 18
S&P Dow Jones Indices
The Role: Senior Analyst,
The Location: China-Beijing
As the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices helps investors identify, measure and capitalize on global investment opportunities.
The Global Research & Design group is looking for a quantitative research analyst to support the global R&D efforts in Asia Pacific. The team is responsible for the conceptualization and design of new indices for S&P Dow Jones Indices, and the creation of research to provoke thinking on practical and new passive investment concepts. The team serves as an innovator and thought leader within and outside the organization.
The analyst must be able to program complex portfolio back-testing and quantitative analysis by Matlab and/or VBA and have experience and ability to work with complex and large amount of data sets. You will be involved in supporting new index generation and development, index analysis, research publication, and index requests from clients. This role is based in Beijing.
- Perform portfolio construction, back-testing, and quantitative analysis of various index strategies including smart beta, multi-asset, sustainability, thematics, and etc.
- Support lead analysts on data gathering, data quality assurance, and analytic on index returns, index compositions, and other index characteristics.
- Assist lead analysts in creation of research publications, index documentations, and other index presentation contents.
- Collaborate and maintain good relationship with other members in the Global R&D group, as well as other functional groups in S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- Manage multiple projects, deliver accuracy and timely results, and provide transparency on workflow of each project.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Finance, Mathematics, or Engineering, CFA charter holder preferable.
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience in a financial services or analytics role.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and company fundamentals.
- Knowledge of different financial asset classes including equity, fixed income, commodities, and derivative instruments
- Excellent programming skills in MATLAB, EXCEL VBA and/or Python to automate simulation and back-testing
- Experience in portfolio/financial model back-testing and simulations
- Must be able to handle complex and large amount of data set
- Experience in financial data applications e.g. Factset, Bloomberg, Reuters
- Must be a fast learner on new data set and financial applications.
- Must be able to work independently on multiple projects and coordinate with multiple people or working groups.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to provide transparency on project workflows and clear presentation on results.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.