Secretariat Officer - Board Operations
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth, and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 103 members, including 21 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple-A-rated institution.
The primary responsibility of the Secretariat Officer in the Board Operations Team of the AIIB Corporate Secretariat will be to support AIIB's Board of Directors, the Committees under the Board and the International Advisory Panel (IAP) as they execute their responsibilities in the context of governance to ensure the achievement of the Bank's mandate.
Responsibilities: The key responsibilities for the Secretariat Officer - Board Operations include but are not limited to:
- Manage the procedural processes of Board operations;
- Undertake researches on governance practices and recommending continual enhancements to strengthen operational efficiency, transparency, and procedural integrity;
- Support the engagement of the Board on subject issues and investment operations;
- Manage disclosure of governance information and Board decisions in accordance with the Bank's Public Information Policy and established Board decisions/practices for continual enhancement of transparency and efficiency;
- Lead quality assurance of official documents and presentations for the Board in accordance with the Bank's international relations policy;
- Support constituency meetings, Board/Committee workshops and retreats, and the Board visit to AIIB's member countries;
- Work as an effective and trusted communication channel between the Board, the Committees/IAP and the Bank's Management and its departments;
- Manage the election/selection processes for the Board/Committees/IAP and Board appointments of the Bank's senior Management;
- Contribute to the continual strengthening of facilities for the virtual presence and connectivity of the Board; and
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Corporate Secretary.
- Minimum of five years working experience in related fields, preferably in international organizations or diplomatic organizations.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and diplomatic skills with a proven track record.
- Ability to communicate with and convince internal and external stakeholders at a high level with appropriate governance solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work independently, take ownership of responsibilities, and thrive on bringing creativity and new thinking to the job.
- Able to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- University degree (Master's degree or higher) preferably in business, economics, finance, international relations and international development.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences, and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES