The Risk Division aims to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate, and manage the firm's financial and operational risks - including reputational risk - in support of the firm's strategic plan. Our Risk Division develops comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk teams play a critical function for the firm, driving how the firm takes and manages risk. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success. You r Role
We are looking for a senior manager in charge of risk management for China, to deliver best-in-class, action-oriented risk management and meet the regulatory expectations. Responsible to establish the comprehensive risk management framework to monitor, assess and report the overall risk of the company. Manage risk resources effectively and efficiently. Build and maintain risk governance which coheres with regulations and GS group standard. Strengthen sound risk culture and philosophy. Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Leadership role overseeing the firm's overall risk management including market risk, credit risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, reputational risk, etc. and continuously enhance risk management framework;
- Provide supervision on improving the firm's risk management policies and procedures and set risk appetite;
- Review and approve internal and regulatory risk metrics, risk management methodologies and workflow implementations;
- Engage with business to understand strategy, approve transactions, enforce limits, and challenge proposals. Assess risks involved in new businesses, activities and products and provide guidance on relevant risk controls and remediation actions;
- Coordinate all relevant divisions to execute the firm's risk management strategies, and strengthen firm's risk culture across all divisions and advance diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Engage with regulatory regimes and provide guidance and supervision on rule interpretations;
- Enhance risk identification and capabilities, and maintain underwriting standards to facilitate appropriate execution of the firm's growth plans;
- Drive risk management data and system innovation and automation and strengthen risk control implementation;
- Periodically provide the firm's risk management reports to management committees and board committees.
- Qualification equivalent to the Senior Management Personnel requirement under CSRC. In particular, relevant risk management experience of a securities company for not less than eight years, or having served as the person in charge of the relevant risk management department of a securities company for not less than three years;
- China securities qualification certification
- Bachelor or above degree holder in disciplines relevant to risk management (management, economics, science, engineering and etc.) or have passed the qualification examinations of FRM and CFA;
- Deep understanding about the risk management principles and comprehensive knowledge about China financial market;
- Experience working with regulators, especially securities regulator, is strongly preferred;
- Strong verbal (native level Mandarin required) and written communication skills in Chinese and English.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity