See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s Corporate Treasury Department is seeking to hire an energetic professional with demonstrated solid work experience and accomplishments in the area of asset liability management and financial risk management to be part of the China Treasury team. The person will primarily be supporting the Morgan Stanley Bank International (China) Limited (the “Bank”) ALM execution with other responsibilities including Business Unit coverage. The key responsibilities are liquidity funding management, regulatory liquidity coverage, interest rate risk management, business units’ coverage and MIS reporting. Primary Responsibilities
• Manage the liquidity risk of the Bank and perform annual review & enhancements to the liquidity risk management framework in line with global liquidity risk management standards
• Analyze capital and liquidity impact resulting from business plans and activities and advising business units on optimal capital and liquidity mix
• Drives the Bank’s capital management strategy and collaborates with risk management and financial controllers to establish the Bank’s Basel III processes and approaches including ICAAP
• Responsible for managing the Bank’s currency funding requirements through optimizing the secured and unsecured funding mix
• Responsible in maintaining applicable liquidity reserve requirements by investing in approved liquid assets
• Monitor and manage the interest rate risk profile of the Bank within approved limits using a variety of hedging instruments
• Partner with infrastructure teams including Finance, Tax and LCD on capital and liquidity planning and execution and serve as the Treasury liaison for MS business units in the Bank
• Chairs the Bank’s Asset-Liability Management Committee (ALCO) meeting, drive the ALCO agenda, develops and oversees the ALCO related policies, standards and procedures.
• Track and monitor regulatory development, identify challenges with regards to liquidity, funding and capital
• Leads dialogues with Bank regulators (CBRC, PBOC and SAFE) on liquidity, funding and capital Qualifications: Skills Required
• At least Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, or Economics, with Master degree or qualifications as CFA a strong plus
• A minimum of five years of related work experience in a top-tier commercial bank’s treasury in China, with a deep understanding of Treasury funding activities, interest rate products, liquidity management and the regulatory landscape
• Foreign commercial bank work experience, or equivalent is a strong plus
• Knowledge in Chinese bank regulations is required. Prior experience in dealing with Chinese bank regulators is strongly preferred.
• Strong knowledge of China fixed income market is a must-have. Experience, either direct or indirect, in China interbank market is preferred.
• Good interpersonal skills and proven track record of teamwork and ability to work across organizational and geographical boundaries
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin are required.
• Highly motivated individual, excellent team player, strong appetite to learn and adaptable in a dynamic work culture and able to work independently