Legal, IBD Legal, Associate -Beijing
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China Beijing Beijing Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Legal, IBD Legal, Associate -Beijing
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB LEGAL
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
What We Do
- Legal advisor to the GSGH Investment Banking Division -IBD Legal acts as an internal legal advisor to the Investment Banking Division on all matters, with IBD Legal members involved in reviewing transaction documentation and in evaluating legal, policy, reputational and commercial considerations. IBD Legal members are frequently called upon to provide advice and answer questions or to become involved in resolving issues or problems that arise, often in situations involving time pressure and client sensitivity
- IBD Legal works on a broad range of securities transactions, including public and private offerings of equity and equity-related securities, debt, etc. IBD Legal also assists in reviewing and negotiating the terms of engagement letters and confidentiality agreements relating to the engagement of GSGH as financial advisor on merger and other strategic transactions. In each of these roles, members of IBD Legal work closely with bankers and other professionals in the different areas of the Investment Banking Division, as well as with IBD Legal members from different offices. IBD Legal members also work closely with clients, outside counsel and representatives of other investment banks. The responsibilities of an IBD Legal team member vary depending on the transaction, but usually include advising on the structuring and execution of the transaction, assessing Firm legal and reputational risks, reviewing and negotiating documents, coordinating with outside counsel, identifying and resolving policy issues and procedural questions and resolving legal issues that arise during the course of a transaction. IBD Legal does not replace outside counsel on transactions, although IBD Legal improves the efficient use of outside counsel through effective deal management
- GSGH IBD internal review committee support - the role would require providing support to GSGH IBD internal review committees, working closely with deal teams and committee members
- Policy Development, Business Practices and Training - IBD Legal members play a critical role in responding to regulatory changes and advising on business practices, policy development and implementation, training, compliance/best practices initiatives and the development of standard procedures and documentation
- New Product Development - IBD Legal assists in developing new products and transactional structures by advising on applicable law, assessing legal and regulatory risks, raising and resolving relevant legal and policy issues, assisting in coordinating appropriate areas within Goldman Sachs and acting as liaison with outside counsel and regulatory bodies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Job Summary & Responsibilities
The GSGH Investment Banking Division Legal (IBD Legal) provides legal advice and assistance to the Investment Banking Division of GSGH. It is the mission of IBD Legal to provide high-quality legal and policy advice relating to the GSGH investment banking businesses and help ensure value-added execution of transactions undertaken by the Investment Banking Division while protecting the interests of GSGH and Goldman Sachs. As members of a global IBD Legal team, GSGH IBD Legal is involved in domestic and cross-border investment banking and capital markets financing transactions. The role of GSGH IBD Legal is dynamic, has evolved over time and is expected to continue to evolve in response to the changing needs of the GSGH business in China.
- Qualified PRC lawyer with a minimum 3 years PQE
- Candidates will need to demonstrate a strong grounding in PRC securities and corporate finance law and practice
- PRC capital market transactions experience with a reputable PRC law firm
- Native level speaker of Mandarin and capable of drafting Mandarin legal documentation; fluent in English with capable to review documentation and communicate effectively in English
- International legal qualification and experience is an advantage.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.