Lead Solution Architect (Pre-sales Manager)
About the Role
Provide advanced technical pre-sales, implementation and project management support for achieving sales objectives, working in close collaboration with commercial managers. Demonstrate the technical value of SWIFT products and services to customers, identify solutions to their technology requirements and support their implementation. Manage the roll-out of new products/services/solutions from the technology and implementation perspective. To be the technical and product expertise within sales teams. What to expect:
- Lead a team of technical pre-sales experts for one or more sub-regions, allocating work, managing priorities and securing revenue and commercial wins in support of the front-line sales staff.
- Lead large and complex sales opportunities in scoping, design and proposal definition stages of the sales opportunity lifecycle.
- Perform product demonstrations. Demonstrate value of SWIFT technology solutions versus alternatives. Explain SWIFT solutions roadmap's at customer sites, working closely with sales. Provide pre-sales information. Present SWIFT products and technology solutions at customer events. A strong focus will be on the SWIFT Alliance Message Hub and associated interfaces products.
- Meet with customers to understand detailed requirements, prepare proposals and validate with senior team members to make recommendations on best practice solutions for medium size/complexity/risk projects. Maintain and develop knowledge of architecture/design technologies, integration and future industry trends. Provide resiliency and security advice.
- Translate business requirements into a Customer Requirements Specifications and scoping documents, with full involvement of the APAC Consulting team. Analyze detail systems factors: input/output requirements; information flow; technical requirements; resources needed and select the appropriate SWIFT products and services to build a customer proposal.
What will make you successful:
- Monitor, maintain and report to team, customers and project office on the project status on a continuous basis and for the duration of the project. Re-validation of the business requirements translation of a project. Ensure the project stays on track by pro-actively controlling actual status of cost, schedule, quality, resources versus plans and by taking corrective action for issues under his/her direct control. Review status of all (region) projects on a regular basis, escalating all exceptions.
- University degree in Computer Science or IT related fields, or equivalent experience.
- 10-15 years of experience in financial services product management, presales, project/programmes, software development, scoping and writing Customer Requirements Specifications, High Level Design, Functional Requirements Specification
- With around 5 years as a people manager leading a small team and performance management
- Experience in Product Management an advantage
- Familiarity with programming languages, with Windows, Linux, Solaris and AIX operating systems, database and application server technologies
- Experience in SWIFT products, services and standards would be advantageous.
- Experience in market infrastructure (e.g. central bank, stock exchange, clearing house, central securities depository) systems or operations would be advantageous.
- Experience in a multi-cultural and multi-country team environment would be advantageous.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English is a must
- Excellent client engagement, communication and presentation skills
- Willing to travel (10-40%)
- Station in Beijing. Alternate location is Shanghai
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review Linkedin profiles of the people from the list below:
Bill Doran - Head of Oceania Region and APAC Customer Solutions
Daphne Huang - Head of China
Mitsuru Kayahana - Head of Customer Solutions North Asia and Japan
Polly Ip - APAC Recruiter What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.