Investment Banking Division, Classic - Administrative Assistant, Beijing
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INVESTMENT BANKING
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Job Summary & Responsibilities
Proactive, solution oriented, support to a team of investment bankers, providing quality, timely and well organized administration support and services. Assisting with project work when required. The role works closely with other EAs and the Office Manager to continuously add value to the team and client relationships. Responsibilities:
- Extensive, complex diary management, including coordination of internal and external meetings, calls, video conferences.
- Maintain team diaries and contacts
- Telephone answering is a priority - accurate and prompt messages and assistance
- Travel - book flights and accommodation for team, including knowledge and awareness of the whereabout of bankers, relevant client activities and travel policy guidelines
- Expenses - accurately complete expense reports for team of bankers each month
- Assisting bankers - general administration tasks, source and collate research information, news runs and project materials as required.
- Coordinate couriers and outgoing mail, distribute incoming mail
- General administration, including document production (Word) when required; ad hoc project work
- Client entertainment - organize ad hoc lunches, dinners; work with Events Manager and bankers to invite clients to GS events
- Actively foster a cohesive work environment within the EA team; working effectively with other EAs to ensure support cover during lunch hours and other absences.
- Build and maintain relationships with staff in offshore offices
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- The successful candidate will have at least 3+ years of corporate experience, ideally with an investment bank or within the financial services industry
- Must be able to work proactively in a fast-paced and demanding environment and have the ability to prioritize a busy workload
- Native Chinese speaker is desired with fluent conversational and written English
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver quality results
- Exhibit highest standards of professionalism and maturity and the ability to bring ideas and experience to tasks
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills - able to interact at all levels
- Proactive, punctual, reliable and a team player, together with a willingness to help other members of the EA team
- Be a good team player who is willing and ready to help your peers to ensure smooth daily operation in the office
- Business acumen and financial awareness
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Advanced Outlook skills required - for contacts maintenance and diary scheduling, including time zones. Advanced skills in Word including mail merge and long, complex documents. Intermediate Excel skills for general reporting and register maintenance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity