Index Manager - Fixed Income
JobDescription : The Role:
The index manager will be responsible for all aspects of a family of indices. The candidate will assist teams and coordinate with other global stakeholders for daily research of and application of events to indices in accordance with the appropriate client-provided index methodology. The Impact:
You will take ownership and manage multiple projects and deadlines. You will serve clients by answering their enquiries and comminuting any major issues. You are also expected to improve and add efficiency to the current process. The Team / The Business:
You will be based at Beijing as part of a global and multicultural team. Your skills:
A demonstrable understanding of global financial markets. Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets. Experience dealing with customers in a demanding environment. Our Hiring Manager says:
"I'm looking for someone who has strong desire to work in fixed income for the leading index provider. You will play a key role in expanding our fixed income index family and providing the best customer service in Pan Asia." Responsibilities:
- Perform and coordinate daily calculations across the fixed income and commodities team, rebalances, and maintenance of new and existing indices in a proprietary index calculation platform. Generate and disseminate index values and attributes. Ensure accurate day-end calculation of each assigned index and timely distribution and dissemination to clients.
- Maintain or improve customer focus with assigned fixed income and commodities index clients on a daily basis by answering questions about changes in the index and client data requests and proactively communicating any major issues.
- Understand complex index methodology to ensure that calculation and attributes correspond to the stated methodology. Oversee new index methodology and application to achieve its stated objectives.
- Establish, execute and coordinate operational procedures and enhancements for the fixed income and commodities group, leading to operational efficiencies while maintaining best practices for quality assurance, independence and objectivity.
- Partner with technology and production support to further enhance our system capabilities and accommodate business growth. Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Manage and maintain relationships with key members of other groups within S&P Index Services, across other S&P departments, particularly IT.
- Participate in the new product process, testing new indices, contributing to methodology documents and ensuring a smooth roll-out into production
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor's Degree. Advanced degree in business finance, accounting, economics, math, statistics, or engineering strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience working with fixed income products either at service provider or direct user at a bank or fund manager
- Superior computer skills in Excel, Word and related applications. Experience with S&P Capital IQ, Thomson Reuters Eikon, FactSet, BondEdge, Yield Book, FINCAD or other fixed income and commodities financial applications a strong plus
- Experience partnering with IT for new projects and synergies: knowledge of VBA, Python, SQL or other programing/database applications as they relate to the IT framework a plus
- Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets, to aid in solving non-routine problems in a timely fashion with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, maximizing efforts to ensure efficiency, accuracy & on-time delivery while taking on new initiatives
- MBA/CFA or progress toward CFA a plus
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.