Head of Research Department
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China Beijing Beijing Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- CNIC Corporation Limited
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
A Chinese state-owned investment corporation (the Company) is looking for candidates to join as Head of Research Department in Beijing. The Company, through onshore and offshore equity and fixed income investments, mainly invests in projects in mining and resources, infrastructure, advanced manufacturing and energy sectors. Job description and requirements are as follows.
1. Introduce industry-specific research methodologies and evaluation framework to enhance sector investment capabilities of the Company;
2. Analyze international and domestic macroeconomic trends, including monetary and credit cycle, fiscal policies, international economic and investment environment; Analyze national strategies / policies such as " The Belt and Road", population, regional and foreign exchange policies;
3. Formulate the Company’s mid-to-long-term development strategies;
4. Conduct research on optimization of allocation over major asset classes, including private equity and fixed income instruments;
5. Establish and maintain effective collaborations with leading domestic and international research institutions to delegate, or to jointly conduct research projects and produce internal research reports. Develop in-house data/information management tools and facilitate information sharing between the Company and its partners.
6. Develop department-level objectives and work plans, undertake daily management and monitor performance.
1. Education background: Ph.D in economics, finance and other related subjects from leading universities/institutes;
Ø Minimum eight-year relevant experience in industry or macro research at leading investment institutions or international organizations;
Ø Overseas study and work experience;
Ø CPA, CFA qualifications preferred;
3. Abilities / skills
Ø Exceptional industry analysis skills cultivated through prior work experience, and deep sector-specific knowledge for sector landscape and prospects;
Ø Familiar with international and domestic macroeconomic trends and policies; Ability to monitor and identify government policy priorities;
Ø Ability to establish database, build quantitative models, and research independently;
Ø Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills;
Ø Proficiency in Chinese and English, both written and verbal.