Head of Local Custody China, Managing Director本地基金托管负责人
Who we are looking for
Managing Director - Head of China Local Custody, Beijing Branch
This Managing Director role will be based in Beijing, report directly to the Country Head of China and Beijing Branch Manager, with matrix dual reporting into regional product team. He/she will be a key member of the leadership team in Beijing Branch. What's the Value for you
This person is expected to play key role in building our local custody capabilities both for servicing domestic clients as well as global clients investing into China through QFII, CIBM, Connect schemes. He/She will need to work with cross-functional teams and support China country management to implement China strategy initiatives, and lead the team to build up the fund custody capabilities for Beijing Branch. This position interacts with all levels of professionals, both internally and externally, and with senior level executives of State Street. Candidates must demonstrate strong initiative, leadership, cross-functional and cross-regional coordination skills, be able to perform well under pressure, and be capable of managing multiple and diverse assignments simultaneously. What you will Responsible for
This person is required to spearhead and lead the key steps of build-up of local custody capability, including custody system assessment and testing, operation model design, workflow design adapted to local regulation and market practices, build up onshore custody team and support the licensing application process. He/She will also be key member involved in regulatory dialogues, vendor negotiation and prospect pitch. Post- build-out process, the staff would be expected to lead onshore custody service team in Beijing. Some of the key responsibilities would include:
Qualifications and Experience
- Developing and driving the vision and strategy for local custody
- Act as Product owner for local custody ensuring that the capability is kept up to date in line with client, market, and regulatory requirements
- Own and drive product offering and commercials for Local Custody business in China
- Responsible for working with the regional and global product teams to ensure local custody requirements are incorporated in regional/global roadmaps and prioritized in annual investment decisions
This is a key position and requires senior leadership and advanced skills in areas including
About State Street What we do.
- China domestic fund custody expertise with experience and know-how of the domestic custody requirements and operating model.
- Operating processes of the QFII, China Interbank Bond market as well as Connect schemes where it involves domestic custody and RMB FX support.
- Navigate a large, global organization. Build meaningful relationships and develop an effective network that leads to tangible outcomes
- Be understanding of current barriers and work through those challenges with team members to achieve a different outcome that current state
- Work successfully in a matrix-ed environment. Effectively manage multiple stakeholders, determine highest priorities for the organization, identify and resolve contention between directives
- At least 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent time management and presentation skills (communication to multiple levels (regulators, other 3rd parties, executives, peers, subordinates).
- Experience with change management programs in sponsorship, leadership roles. Demonstrated ability to execute under challenging circumstances and deliver targeted outcomes
- Cross-cultural awareness and the ability to connect with colleagues globally in a collaborative, open work environment. To serve as a role model of acceptance and flexibility in dealing with colleagues with varying backgrounds.
- Willingness for some business travels.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers