Finance Analyst / Associate - Loan Management
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Loan Administration Unit under the Office of the Controller advises front office project teams on financial terms and participates in the planning for disbursement arrangements throughout an investment project cycle, ensuring consistency with the results of fiduciary assessments and compliance with relevant guidelines and procedures; reviews and approves disbursement requests in a timely manner; and assists the front office with technical loan operation matters for private and sovereign sector clients.
The Finance Analyst/Associate will work with the Loan Administration Unit and will focus on the Bank's back office operations on financial products (primarily loans, but also on equity investments, guarantees and other financing products). The role is for a junior professional whose specialty area is in commercial banking or multilateral development bank back-office operations, whether in private or sovereign operations.
Responsibilities: 1. Loan/Financial Products Management
- Support senior finance officers from end-to-end with the preparation and maintenance of transactions;
- Work closely with other departments, including Investment Operations, Treasury, and Risk Management, to ensure that the critical fiduciary aspects of loans and financial products are fully considered when transactions are prepared;
- Monitor disbursement arrangements to assess whether they remain adequate, and advise the project team of any needed changes; and
- Monitor daily cash activity with the Treasury Department.
2. Loan/Financial Products Portfolio Management
- Monitor disbursement performance, including maintaining and updating the disbursement database;
- Review and process refunds of loans and financial products proceeds as needed;
- Review and process loan transactions (disbursements, cancellations, invoicing, payments, waivers, amendments, etc.);
- Close loans and financial products in a timely and appropriate manner together with project teams;
- Monitor lapsed loans and take appropriate action accordingly;
- Work on the loan accounting and reporting as needed.
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting, finance, IT or related fields. A minimum 2-5 years relevant work experience in the field of banking loan operations, gained from prior positions with financial institutions;
- Robust knowledge of loan administration over the life of loans;
- Self-motivated and able to build internal and external relationships to ensure a seamless disbursement process;
- Proven ability to work efficiently within teams and effectively communicate for results;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines;
- Demonstrated knowledge of programming is a plus; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive selection process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.