Field Service and Remote Hands Engineer - Emerald
JobDescription : The Role:
Field Service and Remote Hands Engineer - Emerald The Location:
Beijing The Team:
You will be part of a highly technical and professional team, where you will be able to gain both knowledge and experience critical to professional development. The Impact:
As an Field Services engineer, you are responsible for providing best in-class customer service through site support and incident resolution with primary focus on, but not limited to workstation break fix, remote hands and eyes, telephony, office 365, windows and other SPGI platforms. What's in it for you:
You will gain experience and mastery of EUC support and other technical aspects of the Field Services role and IT Services as a whole. This experience is highly valued for career advancement in the aforementioned fields. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Required to provide emergency on-call assistance for the office or data closet; will also be expected to travel to other offices and locations in order to provide onsite support when required.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot complex hardware and/or software solutions supporting critical business functions.
- This role must be able to represent IT in an appropriate professional manner with communicating complex technical issues in business language.
- Given the level and exacting nature of the user base, must be able to manage challenges, relationships, and interaction with a high-level of diplomacy, discretion, and competence.
- Utilize strong technology troubleshooting abilities on both recurring routine glitches and/or unique system problems to identify what is driving issues and how to resolve them.
- Advanced knowledge and familiarity with installing, maintaining and troubleshooting desktop/laptop resources including, but not limited to operating system software, MS Office suite, commercial off the shelf software, desktops, laptops, mobile devices, tablets, multi-function printers, internet technologies, remote access solutions and all commonly used desktop peripherals.
- Manage and troubleshoot desktop/laptop and mobile devices. Configure mobile devices to ensure the highest degree of stability, functionality and user experience.
- Resolving any issues related to our infrastructure, both internally hosted and cloud-based. This includes things like: e-mail, printers, wired and wireless networks, video conferencing, and VPN
- Maintain an understanding of the various technology resources available and be able to speak to the benefits and drawbacks for each.
- Investigate and perform advanced screening of emerging technologies. Manage deployment/implementation of new or noteworthy technology to executive population for early use/adoption.
- Demonstrate ownership and manage incident resolution from end-to-end, collaborating with technology peers and marshalling company resources as needed to provide resolutions in a highly responsive manner. Must be able to escalate and provide visibility, as appropriate, to senior IT management.
A technology hobbyist with a passion for customer service. 5-7 years of experience directly supporting an office environment. Basic Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience with Windows and MS Office troubleshooting
- Experience with network troubleshooting
- Ability to work on a shifting schedule
- Capability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Integrity, honesty, a positive attitude, strong attention to detail and desire to help people are all essential
- Experience handling calls within a Contact Center is preferred but not required
Advanced degree in computer technology, Information Technology or related discipline or equivalent work experience