Director – Sales Representative (Government and Public Sector)
Job Description Role:
- Seeking an experienced and results-oriented Sales Team Leader to join our growing Government & Public Sector sales team. In this role you will have the opportunity to work closely with other Government Sector sales executives, Global and Regional Sector Lead and a client support and delivery team to help develop and close new sales opportunities in both green field and existing clients within the Government.
- We are looking for someone who will remain hungry and excited to drive new businesses to the company. Proven sales management expertise is a must.
- Compensation package will include a base salary with variable compensation based on performance against annual revenue goals and objectives.
- Further develop the revenue and plan to build a Government team in 2021
- Proactively identifying and driving new business opportunities with potential targets in the Government & Public sector
- Maintaining a pipeline of meetings, presentations and proposals in the Government & Public sector. Individually contribute to the team target during the first 12 to 18 months
- Managing and supporting existing clients to generate and close new product and solution service sales
- Understanding existing and prospective clients' projects and support needs, strategic objectives, purchasing criteria, political and other influences or constraints and decision-making processes
- Presentation of solutions to existing and prospective clients throughout a consultative sales process
- Liaising with Regional Government Lead to help local implementation of the government strategy
- Attendance at industry trade shows, events and seminars (where appropriate)
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with relevant industry influencers and promoting partner engagements and creating broader networks within the Government & Public sector
- Working alongside the pre-sales and service delivery team and assisting with the delivery and execution of large enterprise wide solution sales
- Position requires travel
- 7+ years' experience in a relevant B2B sales role, with proven track record of achieving target
- Combination of public sector sales experience, as well as software-as-a-service solutions. Experience selling into Government and Public sector markets is highly desirable, however, a proven track record of consistently achieving six-figure sales targets into commercial markets will override this.
- Experience in selling data or software solutions and services within to a multi-stakeholder, long sales cycle environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing and expanding strong customer relationships
- A strong business acumen and results driven with a drive to succeed
- Proven ability to be an active listener who creates win-win outcomes for all stakeholders
- Extremely disciplined execution, detail orientation, and follow through skills
- Results-driven, determined, and flexible, with a strong and disciplined work ethic
- Experience in people management while being self-motivated and capable of working independently and with a team
- Ability to develop, articulate and present concepts clearly to clients & colleagues
- Proven skills in collaborating with colleagues and clients to develop winning, compelling value propositions for opportunities that are relatively complex and where the solution is not always obvious
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient English language capabilities (business level proficiency desirable)
- Possess a proactive approach to problem solving, actively seeking opportunities for improvement with solutions in mind
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.