- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China Beijing Beijing Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
The Role: Data Associate
The Location: China - Beijing
The Data Associate position will support the Index Key team to help review and validate index keys for our indices. As part of the Index Key team, the Data Associate's role is to help assist the team with the validation process from the Beijing office. The Data Associate will work closely with our Index Development, Operations and Golden Database teams to ensure the quality and accuracy of our index keys. The Data Associate will be part of a cleanup project for our existing keys and processes where he/she will be involved with the planning and execution of the project. He/she will be part of a global team working with our New York and Mexico City offices.
- Review and validate index keys to ensure that they fit the currently established structure using new tools available in ARROW
- Maintaining and manage our index key reference guide
- Lead and manage index key cleanup project
- When needed, assistance in any projects needed within the team to help improve our processes and any new tools or models used as part of our daily processes.
- Bachelor Degree. Advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance strongly preferred
- Understanding of global financial, equity and fixed income markets
- Superior skills in Excel
- Must be able to work independently on multiple projects with minimal direction or supervision
- Must be able to communicate with global team
- Detail oriented with ability to consistently perform daily production tasks
- Excellent analytical skills
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.