Client Service Account Manager
JobDescription : The Role:
This position serves and supports revenue growth and customer retention, specifically in the area of product utilization, ensuring that the client receives maximum value and benefit. The position is also responsible for serving as a knowledgeable resource to other business associates and clients in the areas of industry, best practices, and product usage. The Location:
Beijing, China The Team:
The Asia Pacific Client Services Team is a highly motivated and cohesive team that is forward-looking and collaborative in serving clients. Colleagues, Prospects and Clients appreciate the efforts of the team in being able to demonstrate values through the use of Platts services and this forms a positive-reinforcement of the contributions that each individual delivers. The Impact:
The Client Services Account Manager is responsible for providing the best possible customer experience to support new customer business, existing customer retention and existing customer growth through on-site support, training, and integration of Platts services within customer workflows. The goal is to facilitate excellent client service as a value differentiator. What's in it for you:
This role offers opportunities on individual development to be a regional expert around governmental / strategic plans / energy / environmental policies through client engagements at different levels, including the most senior executives. It also offers further career opportunities in the larger SP Global company through close collaboration with the other departments and divisions. Responsibilities:
1. Support customers and Sales in both pre-sale and post-sale activities in the effort to increase revenue and maximize retention. Activities include but are not limited to:
o Business Analysis / Discovery
o Training Implementation and Delivery
o Training Documentation Development
o Adoption Analysis and Solution Recommendation / Implementation,
o Problem-Solving, and
o On-going support as these activities relate to the use of all related products.
2. Act as the leader and primary liaison between business unit and customer on issues relating to product and technology in the areas of:
o Hardware / Software Configuration,
o Product Installation, and
o Data Definition, Mapping and Integration.
3. Provide Customer training via on-site visits, WebEx, phone or email to incorporate Platts services into their workflow and drive customer satisfaction and retention.
4. Action top tier escalations for all supported products and services. Provide follow-up as appropriate.
5. Monitor, collect and report knowledge gathered from customer interactions, together with an integrated Knowledge of internal systems and cross-departmental operations.
6. CRM logging for future reference. Preparation for customer visits to include company research, training documents, liaising with Sales teams to understand the strategy for growing those customer accounts and also be aware of any problems that may be encountered, etc.
7. Assist in creating and maintaining a proactive and positive environment between Customer Support, Sales, Marketing and other departments that will enable the business unit to create greater value for customers.
8. Interact with 3rd party vendors. Participate in training and relationship building through joint on-site customer visits, mutual training and customer support. Regularly attend management, Sales, and Editorial meetings to present core information, keep communication channels open between departments and to be kept informed of all changes regarding clients and markets.
9. Discover up-sell/cross-sell opportunities for products and services during client calls/on-site visits and share these leads to respective Sales colleagues.
10. Adopt technical products and product portfolio via education and problem resolution for the appropriate business unit.
11. Collect report and act on Voice of the Customer feedback acquired from customer interactions. Recommend process improvements based on feedback.
12. Act as Subject-Matter-Expert in agreed upon area within Client Services team and Sales in one of the four areas including but not limited to: (1) Management, (2) Customer Needs, (3) Technology, and (4) Training.
13. Manage and deliver special projects assigned by leadership for the benefit of the Customer Support teams.
14. Perform other duties as assigned. What We're Looking For:
Looking for a person who is resourceful, adaptable, creative, and detailed/results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude. Qualifications:
1. Have college degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5-8 years working experience in a national or global organization.
2. Must be fluent (spoken and written) in Chinese and English language, any other ASEAN languages a plus.
3. Confident, patient and concise to be able to train people of all levels.
4. Enthusiastic / self-motivated, ability to work on own and under pressure.
5. Proactively understand customers' needs and absorb critical information that could result in additional revenue and/or potential down-sizing.
6. Possess technical knowledge to support and train Platts services to both internal and external customers.
7. Ability to influence individuals at all levels, give opinions and justifications.
8. Use organizational/time management skills to prioritize workload and schedule trips and training sessions.
9. Proficiency in Microsoft Office package. Ability to set up internet connections / wireless internet connections. Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications.
10. Ability to analyze processes and procedures, identify and present necessary changes and involve and gain the commitment from all associates and other business units as part of any change process.
11. Have a flexible approach to cover colleagues' work when needed.
12. Possess exceptional listening, written and oral communication skills to facilitate communication and interaction with all staff levels and customers About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.