Chief Information Officer
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Apr 19
Chief Information Officer
The Role: Chief Information Officer
The Location: CHN-Beijing
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com.
As Chief Information Officer for S&P Global, you will lead the both Technology and Digital Infrastructure to develop essential product solutions for internal and external clients as S&P Global enters the China domestic market. This role will impact all divisions setting up in China as it relates to creating the infrastructure, data ingestion & distribution, cloud hosting and storage with operating in local China, this is a startup opportunity within a large multi-national. Your strong knowledge in the cybersecurity, data protection and technology regulatory landscape will drive S&P Global's compliance and risk efforts in the region.
China will be a center of innovation where technology and infrastructure will advance our existing legacy solutions, both locally and globally - with an emphasis on leveraging forward looking technologies out of the gate.
Working directly with product management, you and your teams will be responsible for all stages of the product lifecycle - from planning to release and continuous enhancements - and the underlying application support. You will collaborate with leaders across the S&P Global Technology and Digital Infrastructure organization's to define and implement standard practices and scalable solutions bridging enterprise and local requirements.
The S&P Global Technology team's mission is to be a Client-First service organization; providing a best-in-class delivery that allows our clients to harness technology and data for a competitive edge. As CIO, your role will directly impact the achievement of IT objectives underpinning the local and global Technology mission.
Opportunity and Responsibilities:
As the CIO for S&P Global China, you will be charged to:
- Oversee the creation and build out of data ingestion, cloud storage and mobile tools for the enterprise for local China in partnership with divisional requirements and with a lens to S&P Global's enterprise platforms and technologies driving an understanding of options and limitations
- Advise and formulate a plan for data distribution and cross-border data transfer that meets both the needs of local regulatory requirements and S&P Global's immediate to longer term strategy
- Play a lead role in disseminating knowledge around the cybersecurity, data protection and technology regulatory landscape, whilst proactively problem solving for security concerns
- Understand the landscape for existing platforms and technologies and rationalize a common understanding of future needs
- Ensure projects are resourced for success, delivered on time, and in line with budget
- Work closely with the business segment to understand customer and market requirements and translate them into products
- Act in full partnership with the product management team in order to formulate product definition and roadmaps
- Establish a performance-driven culture
- Provide oversight and insight for all stages of product development, ensuring direct revenue growth and alignment with strategy
- Enhance the customer experience and usability of the existing product suite
- Sit on the China Executive team and contribute to the hands on effort to oversee our entry into China in coordination with the China Chief Operations Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master's degree in Management or Information Technology and 12+ years of relevant experience or Bachelor's in Management, Information Technology, Infrastructure or other relevant degree
- 12+ years of Technology experience; ideally within the Fintech or Financial industry
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a leadership role practicing talent development, productivity maximization and experience and confidence operating globally and within matrix structures
- Familiar with blockchain and the use of P2P technologies as it relates to data distribution
- Demonstrated use of data science, AI and machine learning related technologies
- Experience in leveraging big data solutions as a replacement for traditional RDMS and OLTP related transactions
- Experience in building enterprise mobile software and infrastructure
- Strong application development and proven record of client facing solution development with a modern digital user experience including mobility
- Experience working and/or leading in an Agile environment
- Ability to lead geographically disparate organizations
- Extensive management of technology change in complex technology environments, including cybersecurity law and multi-level protection scheme assessment and compliance
- Must have a broad and deep knowledge across multiple enterprise technology disciplines
- Expert knowledge of business process analysis and redesign
- Execution orientation with strong track record of achieving measurable results
- Excellent project management, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English and Mandarin language skills - written and verbal, and confidence presenting to Executive and C-Suite
- Must be able to engage and influence stakeholders on complex issues, including regulators and global senior management - strong communicator
- Experience with acquisitions; both technical due diligence and integration of technologies is a plus