Chief Data Officer China
JobDescription : The Role:
China Chief Data Officer Location:
Beijing or Shanghai, China DESCRIPTION:
The S&P Global China Chief Data Officer (CCDO) plays a key strategic role within S&P Global overseeing Data Management and Data Operations for China, partnering with the global and divisional Chief Data Officers (CDOs) and their respective organizations. As a member of the China Executive Committee, this leader will provide strategic direction, day-to-day stewardship, and governance oversight for S&P Global China's data assets. This person will be responsible for the quality and integrity of S&P Global China's data and partner closely with the divisions to enable the creation of new products and services. Finally, as China's data leader, this person will contribute meaningfully to S&P Global's broader data operations strategy and Data Operations as a Service initiative. This person is expected to be familiar with Chinese regulations in relation to "important data" and data exports. The successful candidate will partner with the Deputy Chief Privacy Officer, Information Security Governance Director and others in architecting our local data management systems, processes and regulatory compliance. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop the China Data Strategy, including the definitions, communication and delivery of S&P Global China's data strategy in support of the divisions overall strategy and priorities. This person will define the strategy, develop a delivery road-map, and provide the leadership guidance and direction necessary to successfully deliver the strategy. This person will do this in collaboration with the S&P Global China Ratings and Market Intelligence (MI) teams initially in support of their ongoing localization efforts as well as all divisions in support of their global businesses and as they relate to China.
- Partner with Business Stakeholders, to prioritize business strategies and data deliverables to ensure linkage to the SPGI data strategy. Partner with S&P Global's Data Operations Team, to provide strategic guidance and input on how to best improve critical business processes and drive adoption of shared services provided by the Data Operations as a Service framework. This person will ensure that MI utilizes S&P Global's common data services, processes and best practices, while also informing the S&P Global CDO strategy and ensuring that S&P Global's Data Strategy has the right share of voice from the Market Intelligence Division.
- Partner with the Deputy Chief Privacy Officer who works with the Chief Privacy Officer of S&P Global to develop and implement global programs and strategies to ensure compliance with data protection and cyber-security requirements as they relate to privacy across our divisions and the Information Security Governance Director who is responsible for overall information security governance and data privacy management for S&P Global China to ensure that S&P Global China's data strategy and Data Operations comply with relevant Chinese regulations.
- Partner with the MI Data Operations to ensure MI's data is available, accurate, timely and relevant, This person will be involved in MI's data operations and will be responsible for the definition of MI's Data KPI's and ensuring their delivery, including for data supplied by third-party partners. This person will establish MI targets for client reported errors, data timeliness and efficiency gains. Additionally, this individual will ensure that the data set harmonization and integration of legacy Cap IQ and SNL is complete and supports the Data Operations as a Service initiative. Drive the creation and execution China specific Data Projects, to facilitate the integration and improved efficiency of existing data sets, as well as the creation of new data sets. Communicate data trends and issues, by serving as the internal data ambassador for China and ensuring consistent communication across our various internal user groups. In addition to internal communications, this individual will be responsible for S&P Global China's external data communications, meeting with clients periodically to listen to their needs and share our new ideas and product enhancements.
- Build and manage a local data team that collaborates with global stakeholders, develop and manage the Data Operations budget, working closely with the China COO, CIO and CFO as well as the global Leadership and Finance teams, as well as S&P Global's CDO to develop and manage the operating budget for China's Data Organization.
- Act as member of the China Executive Committee, responsible for providing leadership guidance and direction around MI's current and future data sets and capabilities. This person will play a key role in defining China's overall strategy, as well as the strategy for the commercialization MI's data offerings.
- Act as member of the S&P Global Data Operating Committee, working closely with S&P Global's CDO, as well as the CDO's from the Divisions, this person will contribute to the direction of S&P Global Data strategy with a focus on China, best practices, and global frameworks. This individual will play a key role in evangelizing S&P Global's Data Strategy and ensuring the success of the S&P Global Data Operations as a Service Initiative.
- Partner with the editorial council and divisional content, news and industry research teams on managing content risks from global and local publications that are sensitive for China.
S&P Global Corporate
- Highly developed skills in influencing and navigating a complex, global organization to C-suite and executive level
- Broad experience in a range of management and leadership roles across Data Operations and IT
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on expertise in defining enterprise data strategies, establishing data governance processes and controls, and successfully leading data organization transformations
- Familiarity with data modelling, advanced/predictive analytics, Robotics Process Automation, and emerging data-centric technologies desired.
- Ability to work in a complex and highly matrixed environment; including being skilled at influencing senior leaders across the organization
- Ability to work effectively across teams, foster inclusivity, overcome resistance and navigate a complex organization with a high level of EQ
- Ability to quickly build credibility and relationships across multiple global teams
- Ability to hold a position and have difficult conversations in the face of adversity and resistance. Being prepared at all times to speak up and hold people to account for their actions and responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of process engineering and six sigma methodology
- 12+ years of relevant industry experience
- 15+ years of work experience including transformational project management and managing teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Resolves complex operational problems requiring strategic and innovative solutions.
- Aptitude to communicate and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously, strong prioritization and organization skills
- Advanced communication skills. This includes the ability to simplify complex concepts and messages to the essential components and deliver these effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Advanced problem solving skills. Able to quickly identify and understand issues and drive towards effective resolution
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.