- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
Chair of Rating Committee, Beijing
Location: Beijing, Beijing Shi, ChinaThe Role / Responsibilities:
The role of the Rating Committee Chair is to moderate the rating committee. In assuming this role, the Rating Committee Chair encourages broad-based participation from all rating committee participants regardless of seniority, and the expression of dissenting views. The Rating Committee Chair encourages appropriate discussion of issues known to be relevant to the creditworthiness of the Rated Entity or obligation. When there is little or no dissent from the Lead Analyst's recommendation, the Rating Committee Chair may take the contrary position so that both sides of an issue are fully discussed. The Rating Committee Chair is responsible for ensuring that the rating committee uses the appropriate credit rating methodologies and applies these in a way that is consistent with the published rating methodology documents. As part of this responsibility, the Rating Committee Chair, in conjunction with the Lead Analyst, guides the committee's discussion and decision making in a manner that is consistent with the applicable credit rating methodology(ies), internal procedurals and regulatory requirements.
This is a challenging, high profile position and requires an ability to have in-depth understanding of the region's domestic economic and financial market trends (cross-sector knowledge / experience preferred). Good interpersonal skills and English / Mandarin speaking capability are required for qualified candidates.
This is a very visible role where he/she will be able to be decisive, strategic and to garner extensive credibility of Moody's in the local market.
The responsibilities against which the success of the Chair of Rating Committee will be measured include:
- Ensure the rating committee maintains accurate and timely ratings, with clearly articulated ratings rationale
- Actively participate in outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences and third party speaking events as opportunity arises to develop Moody's franchise and to ensure Moody's view is consistently and accurately communicate to market participants on a regular and timely basis
- Mentor and develop the analysts
- Provide guidance on research strategy for the analytical teams
- Harmonize analytical approaches & implement new policies & procedures where necessary in close cooperation with MD/ General Manager, where necessary
- Actively support the implementation of Cultural of Excellence as well as business transformation initiatives and adoption of new technology by the team
- Undertake and coordinate ad hoc projects as directed by MD / General Manager
- Adhere to applicable codes of conduct, policies procedures and best practices
- 12-15+ years of credit experience in management, credit/risk assessment and portfolio management experience gained from rating agencies, financial institutions, asset management or public accounting firms, or proven equivalent, covering a wide range of industrial / financial sectors and / or bond products
- Experienced team leader with the ability to efficiently manage a team of seasoned credit analysts
- Develop individuals and teams, while leveraging on people and delegating responsibilities
- Think strategically and executes strategies within a team and/or across the franchise, etc.
- Re-think and improve processes, products, etc.
- Establish strong social networks externally and across the firm, including LOBs, and regions
- Strong internal and external communication & presentation skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly including the ability to articulate complex analytic and strategic issues and influence audiences of different skill and knowledge levels
- Strong intellect with a high tolerance for complexity and track record in idea generation
- Ability to build strong professional relationships internally and externally and represent the Moody's brand effectively
- Credible leader with high integrity standards.
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills are essential and fluency in Chinese is required
- Strong awareness of and respect to the cultural differences among credit committee participants with track record of working in multi-cultural organizations
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.