Seeking for an executive in charge of managing risks to the company. A very senior position that requires years of experience in accounting, economics, legal, or actuarial backgrounds. Constantly evolving, as technologies and business practices change.
- Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging business and control function heads to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy and risk appetite
- Continuously improve the operational eﬃciency and eﬀectiveness of risk management processes.
- Contribute to the development of performance management processes, to encourage development of an appropriate risk culture and discipline.
- Design, maintain and eﬀectively communicate risk control parameters across the Country, including policies, control standards, risk exposure limits and other control levers in order to maintain the Country's risk proﬁle in line with overall risk appetite.
- Embed innovation, digitisation and analytics by deﬁning and actioning the future state analytics operating model. Responsible for risk related disclosure to regulators, investors, analysts and rating agencies (such as annual and interim results, Pillar 3 and ensure they are compliant with applicable regulatory requirements.)
- Maintain and develop risk capabilities and skills to meet ongoing business needs and plans - awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Supervise all processes where a member of the Function is the identiﬁed ﬁrst and second line process owner.
- Leading by example to create a strong risk culture which is conducive to speaking up and open to challenge
- Deﬁne an organization structure aligned and scaled to the risk control needs of the Function, balancing Group & local requirements as necessary.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualiﬁed for their roles
- Ensure that eﬀective management response plans are in place to respond to extreme but plausible scenarios Direct appropriate response to material events or other risk issues that come to the role holder's attention
- Propose, in consultation with Group, the Bank's overall risk appetite for review by the Risk Committee and approval by the Board
- Assess periodically the risk proﬁle of the Bank and maintain alignment with risk appetite by rebalancing of risks or controls that may be required in response to internal and external factors
- Identify and escalate new and emerging risks that could be material to the Group
- Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues are reported to the responsible governance committees and to the Board or Board committee as appropriate
- Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key external stakeholders relevant to role, and ensure these are well understood internally and reﬂected in internal procedures
- Obtain assurance regarding the eﬀectiveness of controls and compliance with applicable laws & regulations