- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst (SFG) China Ratings
Location: Beijing, Beijing Shi, ChinaThe Role
The Associate Analyst role within Structured Finance Group (SFG) is primarily responsible for providing support to Senior Analysts for analysis of the credit aspects of Chinese securitization transactions.
- Assist in the preparation of rating committees and portfolio reviews by gathering and analyzing data, preparing charts, running models, sourcing analytical information, and helping to prepare required documentation. Review transaction documents and learn cash flow and loss allocation rules.
- Develop an understanding of Moody's methodologies to assist analysts in applying them to rating analyses.
- Attend rating committees.
- Support lead analysts in their preparation of presentations for investor meetings. Support the preparation of special comments, internal research and/or methodology papers
- Work with a team of analysts on various analytical, statistical and data projects. Utilize SQL, VBA, Excel, or MATLAB to query and manipulate large data sets to conduct data analysis.
- Understand and learn how to use complex financial models, spreadsheets and analytical databases.
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks as required.
- Undertake special projects as requested.
Ratings & Research Support ( RRS) Structured Finance
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience from a recognized financial institution, law firm or trustee is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Law, Economics, Statistics, Math, Computer Science or other relevant discipline.
- Understanding of capital markets including securitization products.
- Ability and initiative to work independently.
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in Mandarin is a must. English proficiency with verbal and writing ability to communicate is preferred
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.