- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst (CFG) - China Ratings
Location: Beijing, Beijing Shi, ChinaThe Role
The Associate Analyst role within Corporate Finance Group (CFG) is primarily responsible for providing support to Senior Analysts to facilitate the monitoring of existing ratings and the assignment of new ratings for rated issuers.
- Monitor Issuers for any market and corporate developments that may impact ratings.
- Undertake fundamental research to support Senior Analysts in the rating process.
- Prepare financial spreadsheets and undertake financial modeling.
- Produce analytical summaries of quantitative and qualitative information for analysts.
- Contribute to the writing of in-depth reports and publications.
- Prepare materials for speeches, conferences and briefings.
- Undertake special projects as requested.
- Attend issuer meetings.
Ratings & Research Support ( RRS) - Corporates Finance Group
- Minimum 3 years of credit analysis experience or related experience from a recognized financial institution or an audit firm is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering or a mathematical related discipline.
- Solid understanding of cash-flow lending techniques.
- Strong understanding of accounting.
- Financial / statistical research capabilities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- General understanding of capital markets will be an advantage but is not essential.
- Good organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Must display initiative and the ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Fluent in Mandarin is a must. English proficiency with verbal and writing ability to communicate is preferred.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.