Associate - IB
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Montreal Asia
- 19 May 19
The Associate is responsible for efficiently developing pitches for new client capital markets opportunities and performing high level financial modeling and analysis. The Associate will conduct continuous monitoring of multiple client portfolios and their performance in a proactive and independent manner. As part of an ongoing team approach to best serve and manage client portfolios, the Associate will be accountable for identifying and recommending related ancillary i investment and corporate banking products to clients. Associates coach and mentor analysts in pitch development and financial analysis.
A. Business Development and Client Relationship Management
• Lead efforts in creating pitch books for clients with respect to Investment. Monitor client, client industry, market information and regulatory agencies for potential changes which may affect client’s business needs.
• Assist to manage a diverse portfolio of companies with progression toward increasing client responsibility.
• Assist to review and continually monitor performance of existing accounts and client relationships.
• Identify new areas of investment/ banking opportunities to diversify client portfolios.
B. Financial Modeling and Analysis
• Analyze financial and capital market information, valuations, financing alternatives, and capital structures.
• Create financial models for use in analyzing targets and to best anticipate client needs.
• Take an active role in the execution of transactions and in the preparation and marketing of proposals to corporate clients.
C. Partnership Efforts
• Participate on a wide variety of client transaction teams and work with senior members of the teams on public underwritings, merger & acquisition projects and other advisory engagement.
• Participate in deal teams to develop, present and win mandates for new opportunities.
• Coach and mentor individuals in the Analyst role.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• An undergraduate degree with academic coursework in finance, economics, or accounting and an outstanding academic achievement.
• MBA degree preferred.
• 1+ years of investment banking or valuation experience at a financial analyst level.
• Knowledge of capital markets, investment banking products and applicable regulations.
• Credit analysis experience/ understanding.
• Good knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.
• Knowledge of the global resources sectors will be a plus.
• Exceptional skills in quantitative analytics, financial modeling and credit analysis skills.
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
• Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools including MS Excel. Strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office products and the Internet.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills used within a demanding team environment and in client interaction, integrity and a commitment to excellence.
• Ability to work under limited supervision and pressure.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
• Ability to review, assesses, and provides detailed information daily.
• Excellent capability to independently and proactively service multiple clients.
• Exceptional leadership in community, athletic and extracurricular activities.
• Good command of both English and Mandarin (written in both).