2022 Global Data Analytics - Beijing
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
You will be on the Global Data Analytics (GDA) team, a fast-paced, high-energy group of specialists and analysts that support Bloomberg clients such as Portfolio Managers, Financial Analysts, and Traders, in the interpretation of both our proprietary and contributed data. Client interaction is therefore key to the role. You'll also analyse data in order to gain insight into the needs of our clients and contribute to strategic business plans and product development. Aside from working with clients, your data analysis and technology skills will be put to use to add efficiencies to our workflows and processes.
Where can the role take me?
After working in GDA, you will have the opportunity to move to a product-based team within the larger Global Data department either as a Data Analyst or a Data Specialist. Data Analysts possess a unique combination of technical skills and business insight, as well as strong communication and ability to build relationships. They use these skills to extract, transform and load timely, accurate and comprehensive data accessible to our clients across various Bloomberg platforms. Data Specialists play a critical role in ingesting and analysing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data.
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- A bachelor's degree preferably in Finance, Economics, Computer Science or Business
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance
- Fluency in English and Chinese
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest and/or experience in client and stakeholder management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel and in Python programming language
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Solid attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Adaptability in a frequently changing environment
Does this sound like you?
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- A master's degree in Finance or Economics
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Working knowledge of VBA and/or SQL
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com