Senior Data Scientist
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Senior Data Scientist
• Responsible for developing data-driven innovative analytical solutions and identifying opportunities to support business and client needs in a quantitative manner and facilitate informed recommendations / decisions
• Activities include developing and creating predictive models, behavioral segmentation frameworks, profitability analyses, ad hoc reporting and data visualizations
• Independently manages and manipulates large data sets and applies various technical and statistical analytical techniques (e.g., OLS, multinomial logistic regression, LDA, clustering and segmentation) to draw insights from large data sets
• Communicates with client counterparts to ensure customer needs are being addressed when designing data analyses and technical solutions
• Reviews and applies complex analytical techniques or tools to draw meaningful and insightful observations and trends from large/ complex data sets
• Develops sophisticated multivariate models and analytic solutions (e.g., dashboards, prototypes), utilizing complex statistical and data science techniques and methods
• Meets project deadlines for accountable deliverables and anticipates delays or foreseeable barriers to progress, escalating issues when necessary
• Conducts due diligence quality assurance testing for prototypes and tools in beta and resolves reoccurring complex issues and bugs
• Assist with data R&D work as delegated by senior level colleagues
• Demonstrated ability to combine, interrogate, and manipulate large data sets
• Extensive experience leveraging open source tools, predictive analytics, machine learning, and other data techniques to perform complex analyses for project work
• Experience with Apache Spark
• Consistently delivered accurate, technically advanced and valid analyses with impactful insights and conclusions
• Demonstrated success when deciding on technical methodologies for project work
• Track record handling direct client communications professionally and effectively
• Extensive experience collaborating across functions within Mastercard (O&T specific)
• Served as an expert resource or go-to person for a specific consulting tool(s), system(s), and/or application(s)
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.