Cloud Data Architect - Brighterion
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Cloud Data Architect - Brighterion
Internally, this role is referred to as Senior Consultant, Software Engineering.
At Brighterion, as part of Mastercard Cyber & Intelligence Solutions, we lead the industry in providing artificial intelligence for mission critical decision making. Our world-class software operates at scale to detect and inform in real-time, across tens of thousands of events per second. We are seeking a Cloud Data Architect to enable our data scientists and analysts to accelerate their insights into data using data-driven cloud based services and infrastructure, simplify data ingestion, identifying opportunities for ETL automation, and evaluating new methods of persistence.
- Advance data science technical solutions required for optimal ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using open source, AWS, Azure or GCP 'big data' frameworks and services.
- Work with product owners and engineering teams to provide feedback surrounding data-related technical issues and support for data infrastructure needs uncovered during customer engagements and feature development
- Understand and formulate processing pipelines of large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Collaborate with data scientists across Mastercard to uncover requirements for enhancing their workbench, managing data securely, and integration with external customers and services
All About You
The Cloud Data Architect has extensive experience working with big data tools and supporting cloud services, a pragmatic mindset focused on translating functional and non-functional requirements into viable architectures.
In addition, the Cloud Data Architect thrives in a collaborative and agile environment with an ability to learn new concepts and technologies easily, comfortable with taking ambiguity and shaping it into a concrete vision . The ideal candidate would include:
- Experience in building scalable end-to-end data ingestion and processing solutions
- Good understanding of data infrastructure and distributed computing principles
- Proficient at implementing data processing workflows using Hadoop and frameworks such as Spark and Flink
- Good understanding of data governance and how regulations can impact data storage and processing solutions such as GDPR and PCI
- Working knowledge of non-relational and row/columnar based relational databases
- Experience with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages, such as Python, Java and Scala
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Delivering production scale data engineering solutions leveraging one or more cloud services
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.