Vice President, Compliance Officer (Toronto)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Vice President, Compliance Officer will report to the Chief Compliance Officer, Canada and will be a member of the Canadian Legal and Compliance Department.
The Vice President, Compliance Officer is responsible for working with the Canadian Legal and Compliance team to facilitate PIMCOâ€™s Canadian compliance program. The candidate will primarily be responsible for assisting with the implementation and oversight of the compliance requirements for PIMCOâ€™s activities under the investment fund manager, portfolio manager, and exempt market dealer registrations, including, but not limited to, compliance monitoring programs designed to prevent and detect employee behaviour that contravenes regulatory requirements and/or internal compliance policies and procedures. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to, sales practices, anti-money laundering, conflicts of interest, and trading related policies.
The role will also require working on compliance initiatives as well as researching, recommending and participating in the implementation of technology solutions to help enhance PIMCOâ€™s compliance programs and processes. The candidate will work closely with teams and individuals across all functional areas within the firm as well as with other global offices.
The Vice President, Compliance Officer must build solid internal relationships with members of the Legal and Compliance Department and positive relationships with trade floor personnel, product management and operations. Keys to success of this role is the ability to multitask, strong management skills, provide accurate and direct practical advice in a timely fashion, as well as possessing strong interpersonal skills (both written and verbal). Position Requirements: Education
An undergraduate degree is required. CFA Charterholder or working towards is an asset. Experience
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities:
- 7+ years of compliance experience with a large and diverse investment management firm.
- Strong background in fixed income instruments, derivatives, alternative products and equities.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to investment managers including National Instruments 31-103, 81-102, 81-105 and 81-107. Knowledge of anti-money laundering requirements is an asset.
- Knowledge of employee conduct compliance policies and procedures including implications of information security barriers and restricted lists, material nonpublic information and wall crossing procedures.
- Experience with drafting, implementing, monitoring and training on compliance policies and procedures.
- Experience interacting with senior management including trade floor and business personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects/initiatives in a focused and highly tactical manner.
- Ability to flourish in a meaningful, fast-paced and professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate.
- Focus on specific personal and team goals and demonstrate a sense of personal growth, accountability and urgency for achieving results.
- Have a strong sense of integrity, behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles.
PIMCO will make reasonable efforts to provide accommodation to candidates with disabilities in the course of the recruitment process upon written request. PIMCO requests that candidates seeking accommodation identify their particular accommodation needs as soon as possible in the job selection process. Candidates seeking accommodation may be asked to provide medical information or verification for the purposes of ensuring that a requested form of accommodation is safe and appropriate. Questions concerning the availability of accommodation in the recruitment process may be forwarded by e-mail to HRRecruiting@pimco.com