- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
User Experience Specialist (Web)
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaAt Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions, we help elevate the skills of financial services professionals around the world, using modern education technology solutions. Our goal is to empower individuals to achieve the highest levels of proficiency, performance and ethics in order to enhance their career prospects and promote a customer-focused and responsible corporate culture. We work closely with our clients and collaboratively as a team to build the most innovative learning applications centered around engaging content and user experience.
The Role / Responsibilities:
You have an entrepreneurial streak, like to move fast and get excited at the prospect of challenging yourself and those around you. You're not afraid to go out on a limb for what you believe and partly because you're tenacious. If you have empathy for the user, a deep understanding of user-centered design (UCD) and strong analytical abilities, then you will find this role interesting.
Looking for an incredible, User Experience Designer (Web - eLearning Market) with clear understanding of correlation between business goals and user behaviour with proficiency in a wide variety of skills, ranging from psychology to design and technology for a line of business - Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions. You will be in charge of User Experience on our web platforms to enhance user engagement metrics, optimize transaction funnels and customer lifecycle amongst other web processes.
You should be able to understand our business requirements and technical limitations (if any), as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes.
You will use your experience and expertise as a User Experience Specialist to support various strategic marketing initiatives by developing effective and highly compelling processes for marketing purposes. This requires both B2C and B2B strategy experience.
On this role, your work impacts all stakeholders in the today's digital ecosystem and represents customer focus of our business, helping to shape our corporate identity and reputation, hence you must consistently meet or exceed a high standard of excellence.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate our vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for e-learning products.
- Engage in discovery and research of voice of customer, customer needs, analytics, and requirements across industries and customer roles to deliver an end-to-end, holistic customer experience.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs. Utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges and identify executable solutions.
- Interact with a cross-functional team and drive customer experience strategy and best practices to implement applications and platforms while maintaining a cohesive end-to-end experience.
- Participate in delivery of projects, working through the many obstacles along the way across multiple teams, roles (UI/UX designers, business analysts, product owners, etc.) and organizations through diligent planning, attention to detail, communications, and efficient decision making.
- Stay current with innovative improvements/processes available in the larger world of experience design.
The Department / Team:
Moody's Analytics, a division of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), is the world's leading provider of credit analysis and related tools, including quantitative credit risk models, credit analysis software, portfolio management analytics, economic research, financial data, pricing and valuation services, and specialized consulting services. Moody's Analytics also distributes investor-oriented research and data developed by Moody's Investors Service as part of its rating process, including in-depth research on major debt issuers, industry studies, and commentary on topical events.
Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions Division is an internationally recognised training and certification provider that sets the standard for financial services education worldwide. Our practical, comprehensive programmes build competencies that help organisations improve their strategic and financial performance. As the training partner to many of the world's leading global and regional banks, we have proven experience and expertise in delivering world-class solutions that enhance staff proficiency and drive lasting business impact.
- Minimum 3-5 years of creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps for web, mobile and desktop applications
- Experience preferred in an established financial services, e-learning or e-commerce industry environment including even a start-up.
- Mastery of your tools-Adobe Creative Cloud and interactive prototyping tools. Familiarity with HTML, CSS and Java Script would also be helpful
- Strong process-concept and refine designs through sketches, diagrams, wireframes, visual designs and interactive pieces
- Strong visual aesthetics, following trends and best practices in driving the growth of the brand across marketing channels.
- Demonstrated success delivering multiple projects while balancing competing priorities with tight deadlines.
- Strategic thinking, including the ability to quickly identify and understand issues and opportunities
- Must be a results-oriented, independent self-starter with a sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast paced environment and drive both B2B and B2C audience segments.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.