User Experience Designer
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
Reporting to Senior Manager, User Experience, the User Experience (UX) Designer is part of a cross-disciplinary team of UI/UX Designers, Visual Designers and Content Specialists. The UX designer is responsible for creating an intuitive and engaging digital experience for our clients. The UX designer contributes directly to the user interface of our client-facing online properties (desktop platform and mobile app) from concept, analysis, user research, usability testing, through to launch. The incumbent will collaborate closely with business product owners, business analysts, developers, QA testers and project managers, as well as visual designers and content specialists to ensure the best possible user experience. How You'll Succeed Design a strong user experience that meets user needs and achieves business goals
Understand the investing user journeys, financial systems and complex decision-making tasks involved. Elicit business requirements and user needs by asking the right questions, conducting thorough investigation and in-depth workflow analysis using usability research methods . Design solutions through the creation of information architectures, user flows, wireframes, low and high fidelity prototypes which demonstrate a strong understanding of design heuristics, UI patterns and best practices in the industry Work collaboratively with the design team and business stakeholders
Contribute constructively to design reviews and feedback to build consensus and foster teamwork. Communicate design rationale using clear verbal and written communication. Manage expectations and respond professionally to questions, concerns and gaps Be a strong advocate for the design discipline
Represent designers with the quality of work you produce and by the rigorous design process you follow . Enthusiastically and proactively share your design knowledge and expertise with others to advance the design team's purpose and improve knowledge among business partners Who You Are
What CIBC Offers
- Detail Oriented You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- Analytical You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- Collaborative You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- Empathetic You engage with your heart and mind. You care about people and understand different perspectives. You listen and learn from the experiences of others.
- Client Focused You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- Technical Skills You can demonstrate experience in user-centered design, working with interdisciplinary teams and business stakeholders for desktop and mobile devices. Experience with design tools such as Sketch, InVision, and/or Axure.
- Values matter to you You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-800 Bay Street, 3rd Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours