We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
As a UX Researcher, you are accountable for working closely with your UX Research team colleagues to provide appropriate and timely 'voice of the client' insights into prioritized projects led by the Digital Strategy & Innovation, CIBC.com, Agile Sales and Digital Delivery teams. You will work across a number of projects and partner with stakeholders from both CIBC and Simplii to plan and conduct user research activities, and derive helpful insights and recommendations throughout the product design and development life-cycle. You will use a variety of UX Research methods and tools with an emphasis on early concept testing, and matching them to the needs and research questions for the particular project. You will also support how we evolve the operating model of UX Research within Digital & Direct Banking, ensuring we continue to deliver high quality insights while proactively managing changes to how we work to match the needs of our teams. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Choose the right type of research study to support projects, taking into account testing requirements, timing of deliverables, information/tools available, project importance/sensitivity, budget, and impact.
- Influence thinking and decision making through strong relationship building, storytelling and communication skills, to both showcase the research outputs and help others see the client perspective in all that we do
- Utilize the existing network of vendor-relationships to help supplement in-house research capabilities to meet peak demands and specialized studies, and provide input on how research tools can be advanced to support emerging needs of Digital & Direct Banking
- Partner closely and communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with team members and ensure open, honest, and timely communication with colleagues, other teams and stakeholders to ensure research results have direct impact on design improvements to reflect customer needs
What CIBC Offers
- Client First - you identify what's important to clients and support finding the right solutions because it's the right thing to do
- Curiosity - you spend the time understanding the nature of the ask, the team and client objectives, and work to innovate processes as needed to get to the right approach and outcomes
- Thought leadership - you demonstrate experience with various quantitative and qualitative research methods; you are a storyteller who can present research insights in a compelling way; and you explain complex analysis to audiences of varied knowledge of user research methods and outputs.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- You act like an owner - help us achieve excellence today in all we do, but also challenge the status quo. We're constantly looking for feedback and suggestions on improving the way we work and appreciate those who help make change happen.
- You have education and/or work experiences in research - to help us gather client-centric insights and share results without bias, you apply appropriate planning, process and technique in conducting user research
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class on-boarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-40 Dundas St. W., 4th Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours