Technical Support Specialist
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. ("Brookfield") is a global alternative asset manager with over $365 billion in assets under management. Brookfield has over a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield offers a range of public and private investment products and services, which leverage their expertise and experience and provide a distinct competitive advantage in the markets in which they operate. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbols BAM and BAM.A, respectively, and on the NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA. For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
The Technology Group and Human Resources Services are internal functions providing global operations and business supports across Brookfield Asset Management business segments. Position Summary
The Technical Support Specialist works on assignments that are routine in nature. Generally manages the day to day activities to ensure efficient and effective resolution of assignments. Manages work effectively by prioritizing own assignments and works on more than one task at a time.
Provides level 1.5 / 2 technical support and service for daily end user computer operations and project efforts in a complex computing environment. Supports a wide range of IT services including but not limited to: PC, MAC, mobile devices, VPN/RSA token, Video Conference, software and basic network support. Works with direct team members and Brookfield's clients and contributes to continuously improve the end user experience. May require working during non-business hours and on weekends. Functional Responsibilities
Coordinate with team members and 3rd party service support groups to effectively resolve incidents and service request according to Brookfield's SLA's. Provides level 1.5 and 2 technical support for Brookfield's clients. Follows standards and guidelines to install, configure, customize, troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain Brookfield's client's workstations, printers, wireless devices, handheld devices and peripherals. Advocates understanding with Brookfield's clients on the benefits of the IT service provider model to help foster collaboration.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Provides quality service and takes ownership in: resolving incidents / service request; tracking end user systems and device inventory resulting in timely and efficient resolution to incidents / service request evidenced by meeting Brookfield's clients' needs, meeting or exceeding Brookfield's SLA's and accurate data for asset management.
- Proactively seeks information and utilizes creative problem solving skills along with standard operating procedures
- Demonstrates relationship building, effective communication skills and quality service in the process of supporting, advising and educating Brookfield's clients on the use of end user computing hardware.
- Demonstrates relationship building, effective communication skills with team members and third parties in the process of resolving incidents / service requests, knowledge transfer resulting in efficient and effective incident management.
- Contributes to hardware, software, services enhancements by identifying when established procedures are not working and there are gaps in processes, and makes recommendations for improvements. Develops and edits customer and technical support knowledge base documentation.
- Demonstrates quality service by actively contributing to customer satisfaction through advocating for Brookfield's clients needs, escalating incidents and requests, resulting in meeting or exceeding Brookfield's client's satisfaction metrics.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Brookfield's clients, management and employees in a manner that consistently meets Brookfield's expectations for exemplary customer service
- Demonstrate ability to see issues from the customer's perspective, assesses urgency of requests and responds accordingly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing, to differing audiences
- May require to travel to various locations outside of the corporate office
- Periodically moves boxes and computer equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Positions self to install computer equipment, including under desks
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required
Knowledge of the Following:
- ITIL Methodology
- High degree or familiarity with some or all of the following technologies: Windows 7/8, OSX, iOS, Microsoft Office, Internet Browsers, Local Account Management, Installs and removals, Registry, Command line, Service management systems, System Management Tools, VPN, RSA and Citrix Receiver
- High degree or familiarity with some or all of the following hardware: Desktop / Laptop, , iPad, iPhone, Android Phones, Printers, Video Conferencing equipment, Cisco IP phones
- Knowledge of wide area networks, TCP/IP and Server OS is desired.
- Experience in a related role requiring, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, and working independently to successfully install, configure, maintain, and support Windows and/or Mac desktop operating systems and software.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business computing or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
Brookfield welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.