Technical Specialist - DevOps Automation
This is a permanent, full time role located at 2 Sheppard Ave East. The DevOps Automation Specialist is accountable for the following: Key Accountabilities:
Qualifications Core Knowledge:
- Support the team in driving DevOps initiatives.
- Implements deployments for bank applications, in support of DevOps initiatives
- Provides guidance and assists in the setup and configuration of highly complex server based environments, including hardware setup, operating system and infrastructure component configuration, and application installation
- Verifies that regular maintenance activities (patches, service packs, upgrades) are carried out
- Provides planned off-hour support for the supported systems and services
- Gathers requirements and documents these requirements for use within the project life cycle.
- Anticipates and reduces complexity for others.
- Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, and recommends solutions to enable the organization to meet its goals
- Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating stakeholders
- Ensures the requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meets essential quality standards
- Works with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and analysis models via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Participates in reviews or inspections, in collaboration with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products.
- Ensures system specifications meet the business unit expectations/ requirements, and negotiate solutions.
- Understands and communicates technical and architectural complexities of a technical solution so that project stakeholders can easily understand.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency
- Supports the execution of key improvement initiatives using data-driven insights to deliver positive financial and customer outcome
We're here to help
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work experience, and/or 5+ years experience in an IT environment as an individual contributor
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chain like Ansible (Must Have) Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Artifactory
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Proficient in Red Hat Linux and MS Windows and demonstrates solid knowledge of supported Linux and Windows operating systems
- Displays sound knowledge of infrastructure applications (Websphere, Windows Sharepoint/Portal Services etc.)
- Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem solving techniques
- Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle
- Demonstrates writing and documentation skills.
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.