We are building platform teams, combining people with different skills and knowledge, to accelerate our customer experience. These teams will work in both Agile and Waterfall manner, in a vibrant space, and embrace the latest methods, tools, and technologies to drive innovation and change. The team will work in a cross-functional organization, empowered and have the resources and authority to drive a customer-led digital transformation. The team delivers enterprise client services to both internal applications and to external partners, built on a modern hybrid cloud platform using the latest micro-services architecture. We design, build and operate the services we own.
As a Technical Specialist, Channel Services Web API Platform Team you will:
• Report to the Senior Development Manager, Channel Services.
• Provide project sizing and estimation.
• By aligning with strategic architecture, provide technical directions to development team.
• Work within a team through the full lifecycle software development from inception to delivery, through production operations, including coding, code reviews, testing and running the software in production.
• Design and develop applications, coordinate with the rest of the team to deliver high quality software products.
• Collaborate with the business and technology stakeholders to drive change throughout the organization, enhancing the customer experience.
• Develop both new applications and improve our existing ones in performance, capability, and reliability.
• Employ best practices in utilizing a broad platform of technologies within a cloud based micro services environment.
• Participate in code reviews, technical and architecture review meetings. Qualifications
Experience and familiarity with:
• Java EE/JEE
• Spring and/or Spring Boot Framework
• WAS Liberty, Tomcat and/or JBosss
• Object-oriented methodologies and design patterns.
• 12 Factor Application Patterns and Microservices Architecture
• IaaS/PaaS technologies and cloud computing platforms such as Docker containers or OpenShift
• Large-system integration patterns (e.g. ESB, SOAP/XML, JSON/RESTful Services, etc).Knowledge of Swagger API Developer Tools or OAS (Open API Specification)
• Understanding API Security Best Practices such as mutual SSL, Spring Security, SQL injection and other OWASP guidelines
• DevOps concepts (Continuous Integration/Delivery) and tools (Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Maven, Ansible, Artifactory)
• Full software development lifecycle from Development through Production Deployment.
• Experience with setting up high availability environments designed for 24X7 operations. We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.