Technical Platform Lead
As a Technical Platform Lead, here's what you will do:
- Act as a thought leader in development, builds deeper relationships with key stakeholders, and demonstrates expert-level skills in coding across multiple languages, LOB's, and/or technology areas.
- Decompose business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and code
- Accountable for overall code quality, ensures code is reviewed, reusable and testable, meeting architectural-design and customer requirements.
- Lead workshops to develop solutions from a program perspective in association with all interdependent systems.
- Assess impact of design decisions to the computer solution/product/service being developed (performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommends alternate/creative solutions for mitigation/optimization if required.
- Design solutions, write code, perform unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery
- Conceive and write detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements
- Interact with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
- Assess the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommends / decides on appropriate designs
- Build solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets, use the enterprise monitoring/logging, require minimal to zero maintenance and are aligned with architectural patterns and technology strategy
- Devise new algorithms and data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with architectural patterns
- Recommend or automates approaches to streamline and integrates technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Support production issues, including Independently completes root-cause analysis and diagnosis
- Evaluate new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security).
- Work toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, aligns with architecture and promotes the development of common assets.
- Support the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
- Support the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes, including managing small projects to completion, as required to deliver business objectives
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring
- Generally, 7-10 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Solid JEE development experience with at least 2 years of Cloud applications build and deploy.
- Expert level of knowledge in domain of mobile/on-line banking preferred
- Experience with high risk/volume public facing applications.
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of required programming languages and can code with little oversight
- Understands core business processes and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., transformation, smart core, dev ops)
- Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system
- Knowledge of technical/business environment and processes
- Understands functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.