Tech Lead (Java/.NET/SQL)
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think \u0022TD\u0022 if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. Within TD Technology, the Treasury Analytics Group (TAG) is dedicated to support the Treasury and Balance Sheet Management (TBSM) department creating models, financial systems, applications and processes required to support various functional teams in TBSM including Cash Management and Liquidity. As regulators and the industry significantly ratchet up the focus and investment in Intraday Liquidity, this opportunity provides the one with the ability to be in at the ground level and to help lead the bank wide TD Intraday Liquidity program forward. This team operates like a small tech company within a large financial institution. The ideal candidate is a passionate developer who enjoys experimenting with new technologies and writing efficient, scalable, & re-usable code. Job Description About This Role The Treasury Analytics Group (TAG) is looking for a Senior Technical Lead to drive the Intraday Liquidity Technology team, who over the next 2-3 years will be building the strategic bank wide intraday liquidity platform that will be leveraged by settlement / funding operations and the TBSM Cash Management Department. The application will provide the capacity to measure expected daily gross liquidity inflows and outflows, anticipate the intraday timing of these flows, forecast the range of potential net funding shortfalls that might arise at different points during the day and have the capacity to monitor intraday liquidity positions against expected activities and available resources (balances, remaining intraday credit capacity, available collateral). As technical lead you will be expected evolve the platform using latest technologies, possessing experience with Java, .NET, SQL, Angular, Spark, Kafka, Azure and Hadoop. The ideal candidate will have the ability to drive technical designs, lead decisions on strategic technologies, oversee software development, an eagerness to be hands on, oversee product releases and all other engineering tasks. In addition to helping to hire, train, and delegating work assignments, as technical lead you would also be asked to collaborate with colleagues to identify and repair technical issues. Aside from strong technical abilities, an ideal candidate will have excellent leadership skills, ability to motivate team members and know how to efficiently make key decisions. They should also have strong communication skills and be able to foster collaboration with other departments. As technical lead you should display a high degree of adaptability in order to learn new technologies as needed and successfully manage the daily challenges of a technical environment. The ideal candidate would have capital markets transaction processing experience, understanding of intraday liquidity, payments processing and be able to work in close partnership with ambitious business and technology partners, project teams and stakeholders to help lead the agile development process.
Sitting in this position will help expand your knowledge, strengthen your expertise and introduce you to the inner workings of Intraday Liquidity alongside a team of seasoned, diversely-skilled technology and finance professionals. Our team is made up of dynamic and strong technical engineers, QA's members, and BSA's who build and maintain critical technology platforms in an Agile/Waterfall environment. You'll be exposed to stretch assignments as you take on large-scale, complex and/or enterprise-wide projects. Requirements What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 7\u002B years of experience in C#/Java.
- 7\u002B years of experience in SQL Server.
- Demonstrated experience in architecting and leading real-time solution design and development.
- Experience with real-time communication tools like WebSockets, SignalR, or Socket.IO.
- Experience with Hadoop technologies like Spark, Hive, HBase and HDFS.
- Experience with MQ technologies like IBM MQ or Kafka would be an asset.
- Experience with Git, Jira, Confluence.
- Advanced and extensive knowledge of the business (or organization), technical environment, standards, processes, procedures, programming languages and operating systems.
- Solid understanding of SDLC.
- Readiness and motivation to address and resolve highly complex and multifaceted development-related issues, often independently.
- Strength in coaching and advising clients, partners and project teams.
- Commitment to and belief in the quality of your deliverables.
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation & communication skills.
- Proactive, organized, excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Works well independently, as well as, within a team.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.