The Summer Analyst, Private Equity at AIMCo is a unique opportunity where you will learn from an experienced and focused team of investment professionals, while also contributing to the financial security of hundreds of thousands of Albertans. This internship is paid but compensation range unavailable right now.
In this role you will gain experience analyzing Private Equity investment opportunities across a diverse range of industries. In addition, you will have the opportunity to continue to build AIMCo’s Private Equity portfolio and help manage existing assets under the guidance of dedicated investment professionals. Through these activities you will learn a number of new skills, such as the evaluation of Private Equity investments and funds, financial analysis, and valuation.
- Participate in the identification and evaluation of new investment opportunities, including direct investments and funds
- Conduct research and analysis on a broad array of industries, sectors, funds, or other opportunities identified by Private Equity professionals
- Maintain and update portfolio company materials and track investment performance
- Maintain and update Private Equity databases
- Work with other investment professionals to support ongoing daily activities
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- In pursuit of an undergraduate degree in Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting, or other related fields
- Demonstrated interest in investing and analyzing businesses in various industries
- Excellent knowledge of finance, accounting, and economic concepts
- Strong research, analytical, quantitative and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Builds strong relationships with team members including celebrating team accomplishments
- Proven track record of outstanding academic achievement and performance
- High proficiency with Microsoft Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Ideally enrolled or in the process of enrolling in the CFA program
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to AIMCo’s core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity and collaboration, and inspires the same in others
AIMCo’s most successful Summer Analysts are team oriented, intellectually curious, exhibit a passion for finance and investing, and are results-oriented with exceptional finance and communications skills. Summer Analysts with a high degree of professionalism can expect to be exposed to meetings and calls with other internal and external parties, such as management teams, other private equity investors, investment bankers, consultants and lawyers.
Benefits and Rewards
Exciting special project work and growth assignments
Ongoing coaching, training, mentorship and networking opportunities
AIMCo is one of Canada’s largest and most diversified investment managers, with over $123 billion of assets under management for 32 clients, a diverse group of Alberta public sector pension plans, endowment funds, and government accounts representing all Albertans.
We are guided by the core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity and collaboration.
AIMCo is mindful and responsive to actively evaluating, assessing and optimizing risk to achieve superior performance for Albertans. We believe that every employee is empowered and accountable for managing risk.