Sr. Software Support Engineer - Wealth, DataCore
What is the opportunity?
You will play a key role within Wealth Management Technology & Solutions, Data Management and Insights team. This is a Software Engineer that partners across IT and with assigned business line(s) to analyze business and system needs and apply technology solutions that meet sponsor/stakeholder needs. You will have an excellent opportunity to learn latest technologies that includes Kafka, MemSQL (InMemory DB), microservices, Dev/Ops and related technologies. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Provide efficient day-to-day level 2 and level 3 support to critical Wealth Management Applications by applying hands-on technical expertise. Troubleshoot production issues, determine and address root causes
- Manage applications' ealth status including management communication
- Manage application changes: review and apply code packages, perform post implementation verifications
- Lead group meetings (including business partners) for problem solving, decision making and implementation planning
- Ensure optimal applications' instrumentation
- Provide technical expertise and assist Development and QA teams during Projects execution
- Identify and implement opportunities for process automation
Nice to have
- Experience supporting business critical applications with advanced understanding of Applications and environment controls
- Excellent analytical, planning, estimating, communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Proven leadership experience and ability to deliver with minimum supervision
- Strong Database knowledge to run large data queries, recommend and apply optimizations, and understanding Database related issues. Advanced hands-on working knowledge of Unix/Linux/Windows, Java, UNIX scripting and SQL
- Innate ability to take ownership and accountability for troubleshooting production issues, determining root causes and engaging proactively in applying long-term solutions
What's in it for you?
- Exposure to DevOps (Jenkins, UrbanCode, etc.)
- Experience in Kafka technology
- Understanding of IT Standards, Methodologies, CMM & audit requirements
- Wealth management application/business knowledge
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.