Sr. SQL Developer/DBA
Requisition ID: 70464
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
The eContact team is primarily, but not solely, focused on supporting and delivering enterprise technology solutions for Scotia's global contact centres. The Role
The primary purpose of the role is as a SQL Developer to create SQL-based solutions related to the application databases we support while also act as a DBA to maintain and optimize our databases. Additional support tasks related to application-level support are required and may include implementing, programming and configuration of code or other technical deliverables on a project by project basis for various clients within the Bank. Solutions may require ability to generate complex SQL code, build dashboards or reports, and create alerting and monitoring capabilities, data mining and analytics among other duties. Databases for applications from Verint, Avaya, Nuance, Nexidia and others will be within scope. Some of the Key Accountabilities Include:
What You Will Bring to Succeed:
- A large portion of this role will require time spent supporting databases for multiple Verint applications such as Call Recording, Workforce Management (WFM) and Speech Analytics. Additional enterprise application support will be required. Also, Avaya Interaction Center, Nuance Voice Bio Metrics (FreeSpeech & FraudMiner), Genesys Email and Chat as well as other vendor-provided and custom solutions.
- Deliver functional enterprise solution components on time and budget through delivery/adherence to the following:
- Technical documentation of solution
- User documentation of solution
- Programming/configuration of solution components
- Delivery of technical knowledge transfers to end user representatives
- Creation and execution of test/use cases in IST / UAT
- Manage technical aspects of vendor deliverables in enterprise solutions, including adherence to budgets, timelines, quality and accuracy of technical deliverables.
- Accountable for ongoing 3rd line (on-call, after hours) support, and continual environment assessment and capacity planning.
- Leads implementation, integration, security and programming best practices by maintaining up to date knowledge of solution components, delivery methods and abilities.
- Ability to do query performance analytics and optimize code.
- Writing queries for front-end applications such as websites, various desktop applications, or cloud apps.
- Planning and coding database tables for optimal storage of application data.
- Creating database automation, e.g., instant email notifications, reports or dashboard.
- Hands on experience on SSRS, SSIS
- Ability to data transfer between different instances/servers/other database systems (like postgresql, MSSQL)
- Create Linked Servers to SQL Servers and other databases such as Oracle, Access, and Informix etc.
- Design database Backup and Restoration strategies
- Setup/troubleshoot/failover database mirroring
- Experience in using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to build Data Integration and Workflow Solutions, Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) solutions for Data warehousing applications.
- Experience in creating jobs, SQL Mail, Alerts and schedule SSIS Packages using SQL Server Agent
- Extensive experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services like Table report, Matrix report, Chart Report, Pie charts & column report.
- Excellent in rendering reports, managing subscriptions, creating reports with report builder, report snapshot and report cache
- Experience in creation of Database authentication modes, configuring permissions and assigning roles to users
- Proficient in creating indexed views, complex stored procedures, effective functions, and appropriate triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation, data consistency and complex business logic using Batch Files
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA) in SQL
- Installing and configuring SQL Server 2016 and 2017 in production servers
- Created and Configured Data Source & Data Source Views, Dimensions, Cubes, Measures, Partitions, KPI's & MDX Queries using SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services.
- Capacity planning for databases and servers using historical data and collection.
- Experience in creating package configurations like XML, SQL Server Configurations and Logging using text, XML and Windows event log.
- Ability to define and develop Report Structure with data definition, report layout and report definition language.
- Experience in scheduling and deployment of reports and uploading files to a report server catalog from the report manger.
- Having hands on experience in Disaster Recovery processes including Always on availability group, Log Shipping, Database Mirroring and Peer to Peer replication and Bi-directional Replication.
- 5+ years supporting and developing for enterprise databases.
- Technical designations an asset (i.e. Avaya, Verint, Genesys, Microsoft, etc.)
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA) in SQL
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Database, SQL, Technology, Finance