Sr. Programmer Analyst with Python, UNIX and Hadoop
Requisition ID: 73103
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
The GRT - Trade Floor Risk Management & Risk Model Team develops and supports technology applications for Trade Floor Risk Management group, and risk model teams. The role:
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team as lead full stack developer to lead and contribute to a range of projects including building a consolidated market risk limit monitoring system, enhancing our sensitivity generator, improving our reporting and analytics solution, and to deliver high availability applications and solutions to support Risk Management (Market Risk) needs. This is a good opportunity to gain exposure to risk management. The successful candidate will work closely with various stakeholders including business partners in risk management & financial engineering, business analyst, architecture, and infrastructure and support to understand business requirements and drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Is this role right for you? A maximum of 5 - 7 bullet points about key accountabilities.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Successful candidate will be a full stack engineer that is responsible for the effective design, development, and delivery of high quality solutions applications that meet the business needs.
- You will be able to work with diverse set of technologies to implement new systems, or enhancing existing implementations, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end to end operational perspective.
- You have the experience ensuring the software and applications are developed to meet the high availability, integrity, performance and reliability requirements.
- You know how to proactively partner with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support the business strategy.
- You will need to coordinate and work with vendor partners, other developers, architects, business analysts, infrastructure and change management groups to deliver project goals
- 7+ years of strong software development experience working with large applications handling large volumes of data.
- 3+ years of DevOps experience, familiar with Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Splunk etc.
- Knowledge or experience with development tools and languages such as Java, SQL, Python
- Must have work experience at least one or more of the following platform
- Python scripting for extracting data from various platforms
- Spark SQL
- Kubernetes experience in deploying to clusters
- Must be fluent on Unix command line and adept at scripting to put together requirements for data integration.
- Exposure to Dremio will be considered a significant plus
What's in it for you?
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to size hardware requirements for the application effectively.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Unix, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering