Sr. Linux Administrator - Kubernetes
What is the opportunity?
Are you a linux/kubernetes administrator who's worked with containers but been frustrated by how application teams leverage them? Now's your chance to meet the other side half way! We're looking for an experienced Linux admin to join an existing team managing our Kubernetes cluster. Not only will we be standing up the Kubernetes cluster, we will be setting the policies on how to use it and working with our developer team members to automate enforcement. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Help upgrade, maintain, troubleshoot, and configure RBC's Kubernetes estate.
- Work closely with our Kubernetes vendors to understand new features and their implication on the organization.
- Automate maintenance using dockerfiles, Jenkins pipelines, and Ansible Playbooks.
- Tune the operational tooling to help us understand the environment.
- Work with our team of developers to help implement technologies that promote (and sometimes enforce) best development practices.
- Act as an evangelist with development communities to help them understand the value of containerized infrastructures and immutable infrastructure.
- A passion for making developers more efficient through DevOps, CI/CD, and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation and Infrastructure as Code
- 5 years experience as a Linux system administrator... ideally on RHEL
- Experience with container platforms. Ideally Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Communication skills necessary to work on a geographically distributed team.
What's in it for you?
- Experience developing software
- Experience working with Ansible
- Experience working with Git
- Experience working with Artifactory
- Experience working in a SAFe, Kanban, or Scrum development methodology
- Experience creating and manipulating YAML files
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and highperforming team
- A worldclass training program in financial services