Sr. Data Protection Engineer
The Sr. Data Protection Engineer role is ideal for an experienced individual looking to design and solution new capabilities for the organization's data protection program. The opportunity to expand the existing DLP controls into broader capabilities and to collaborate with internal stakeholders to further mature the Data Protection Program will be a key focus over the next few years.
The Enterprise Data Protection Team is responsible for providing enterprise wide data loss prevention controls by leveraging various solutions to protect data. In the next few years, we will be enhancing our program to broaden our data protection capabilities by implementing new technologies, collaborating with key stakeholders to enhance our existing processes and increasing our synchronization with existing and new toolsets. As such, we're looking for a motivated and solution-oriented data protection engineer who can help us elevate our program to this next level.
The focus of this role is to develop, test and implement Data Protection platform/infrastructure strategies for the Bank and provide data protection subject matter expertise and advanced technical support. You will also build the plans and roadmaps for future-focused data protection solutions based on technical and business strategies, organizational growth and anticipated changes in the threat landscape. Furthermore, you will also work with stakeholders to recommend data protection solutions based on engineering requirements and ensure that data protection systems and infrastructure align with business value and are technically sound and well integrated. In addition, you will provide timely response to escalations of critical issues to evaluate solutions, coordinate recovery and ensure resolution. Key Accountabilities
- Designs, develops, tests, implements & maintains data protection solutions (e.g. DLP products, data classification tool, CASB DLP) to meet requirements for security functionality, performance, scalability and resiliency
- Researches and tests new data protection products and innovations to support tactical and strategic decision making
- Provides advice, counsel and support on data protection platforms and services and recommends solutions
- Develops and implements changes to streamline and integrate data protection processes and systems in the organization
- Leads continuous improvement activities and root cause analysis with the goal of strengthening data protection capabilities
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor
- Contributes to strategic plans, technology roadmaps, and standards and promotes adherence to them
- Leads detailed data protection design reviews and recommendations for changes/enhancements
- Takes a leadership role in data protection projects to implement new capabilities, significant upgrades, and product retirement
- Works with vendors and architects to understand technology roadmaps for incorporation into data protection platform planning
- Contributes to thought leadership at BMO in areas of subject matter expertise and shares expertise at industry forums
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Troubleshoots complex issues with internal and external stakeholders as required
- Understands the scope of complexity that exists in the computing environment and the ways which data protection platforms impact that environment
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the data protection capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities and professional networks across BMO
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
- Ensures consistent, high quality practices/work and the achievement of business results in alignment with business/group strategies and with productivity goals.
We're here to help
- 7+ years of relevant experience and a post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information Security, or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Information Security certifications from a well-recognized institution (e.g. (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS)
- Possesses a deep/advanced understanding of multiple DLP platforms (Symantec DLP, McAfee DLP), data classification solutions (Titus) and CASB (DLP component)
- Sought out across the business / industry as a subject matter expert in DLP
- Min. of 7 years experience with technical and system-level expertise in one or more DLP solutions (either Symantec DLP or McAfee DLP) plus extensive background in IT design and engineering
- Min. of 3 years experience with implementing DLP aspects of CASB (using Symantec CASB or Netskope CASB)
- Min. of 3 years experience with implementing and configuring Titus (data classification tool).
- In-depth knowledge of information security design and engineering concepts, practices, and technology obtained through formal training and work experience
- In-depth knowledge of the technical/business environment and the corporate processes and procedures
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert
- Strong experience with creating and conducting presentations to senior managers ,Directors, and senior leaders
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert
- Able to manage ambiguity and able to solve complex issues
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network- building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.