Sr. Application Integration Developer - (API/ Micro-Services / Integration / Cloud / Java)
Portfolio Integration Services (PIS) capability within SmartCore Digital Platform & APIs (DPA) focuses on the delivery of integrated solutions, involving multiple digital products/portfolios, in order to drive continuous digital innovation and enable digital transformation across different lines of business. PIS resources are deployed to high impact projects to improve agility in the delivery and streamline the delivery model. SmartCore DPA capabilities supports various lines of business to digitize the business processes through digital innovation and process automation, offering improved process efficiency, accuracy and integration. SmartCore DPA invests on developing new technology capabilities through digital innovation to continue transforming and improving customers' & employees' experience. Key Accountabilities Solution Development
• Work alongside with the solution architects and lead developers to design the end-to-end application integration, leveraging SmartCore's existing platforms and building blocks.
• Develop detailed technical/integration design specification to guide the development to follow the agreed design.
• Establish standard and build common framework/re-usable building blocks to ensure the best development practice.
• Lead/co-lead the development of end-to-end application integration, leveraging the SmartCore digital platforms, APIs & building blocks.
• Develop presentable solution prototype on cloud to demonstrate the concept for the project.
• Conduct solution/code review to ensure alignment with best development practice and provides feedback to more junior developers in constructive manner.
• Defines automated test/monitoring approach for the solution and owns the development of the test/monitoring automation.
• Ensure that the knowledge built from the solution delivery is properly transitioned into the Application & Release Management Services. Solution Integration
• Own the integration of DPA solutions and delivery effort across different product delivery teams.
• Becomes a primary point of contact for SmartCore development to the project's/program's team and the portfolio teams.
• Own/coordinate the investigation of production issues, involving multiple failure points, during project warranty period, including root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
• Identify continuous improvements to the end-to-end solution, to improve high performance, reliability and availability.
• Devise and recommend approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or solutions to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
• Support the reporting and analysis of key delivery metrics to share transparency of progress across portfolio teams and actively manage dependencies. Technology Delivery & Execution
• Provide active contributions to the technical discussions in the program-level Rapid Product Definition and product roadmap.
• Assess impact of design decisions to the SmartCore DPA solutions being developed (performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommend any required alternate/creative solutions for mitigation/optimization.
• Interact with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers.
• Assess the pros and cons of different solutions and recommend the best solution design.
Practice & Capability Development
• Identify opportunities to strengthen the Portfolio Integration Service capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building reusable assets, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
• Stay abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
• Provide active contribution to the development and the continuous improvement of processes across multiple process domains.
• Develop and continuously improve reusable delivery artifacts to take the best practices into the capability's assets, which can be applied across different projects. Qualifications Qualifications
• Bachelor degree or Master degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, mathematics or business.
• Over 5 years of combined experience in designing and developing integration and/or end-to-end application in Java.
• Experience in designing and developing one or more enterprise application integration solution, including APIs/microservices, Business Process Management (BPM), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and service orchestrations/workflow services.
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of data model design in relational data model and no SQL, with at least 5 years of experience in designing and developing databases.
• Experience in designing end-to-end application and integration for reliable and scalable performance.
• Experience in designing and developing applications in containerized environment (Kubernetes/Docker) is considered a strong asset.
• Experience in designing and developing integration components on cloud (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud) is considered a strong asset.
• Experience working in system integrators and/or the technology development of the financial services institutions is considered as a strong asset.
• Demonstrate understanding of business processes and business requirements as well as the architecture design and development best practices.
• Understands functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, database, development environment, and deployment practices.
• Roll-up the sleeves and be comfortable to go outside of the comfort zone to deliver.
• Strong communication skill. Able to present and communicate ideas effectively to business and technology stakeholders from different organization levels.
• Embraces changes/disruptions in digital ecosystem, and eager to learn new technologies. Location:
Yonge & Sheppard or 120 Bloor St. We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.