Solutions Design IT Speciaist
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think \u0022TD\u0022 if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Channels Technology -Center of Excellent team.
This team installs, manages and configures TD's monitoring tools (Splunk, Dynatrace & AppDynamics) in Digital Channels for all of TD's customer-facing applications. Job Description
Solutions Design IT Specialist architects, designs and develops mission critical IT systems that server multiple lines of businesses. The role involves with designing and architecting Splunk platforms to onboard data from small/ midsize/enterprise level systems to various Splunk environments. The role also requires creation of Splunk applications (apps) for deployments to forwarders (input apps), indexers (TA apps) and search heads (SA apps) to onboard and make use of data. The role also provides technical support to project teams to identify and meet Splunk onboarding and dashboarding needs with varying degrees of supervision and act as a subject matter expert on Splunk.
- Possesses excellent technical acumen
- Understands code development and deployment processes and implements best practices in development and deployment practices
- Understands application availability and strives towards keeping applications up and stable in multiple application environments
- Quickly analyzes business and technology challenges and recommends appropriate IT solutions and services in a real-time support environment
- Resolves issues that cross multiple systems or departments that may affect the application stability
- Understands importance of source code configuration management
- Tracks open issues and resolution of issues
- Self-motivated and focused individual who enjoys a fast-paced environment requiring attention to detail
Required Technical Skills
- 5 \u2013 7 Years of related experience in a multi-tiered application environment
- Strong background in system design, development, architecture and application deployment
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environment
Desirable Technical Capabilities:
- Must have: good understanding of Splunk architecture, components and add-ons
- Ability to architect Splunk platforms considering best practices and industry standards for high availability and performance
- OS: Well-versed in Linux commands
- Understanding of application logging and logging best practices
Nice to have:
- Proven track record in installing Splunk software and developing Splunk apps for various Splunk components
- Exposed to Splunk configuration required to onboard data into Splunk
- Fluent in Splunk queries to build alerts, dashboards and reports in Splunk
- Deploying and managing applications in public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) and/or private cloud platforms (OpenStack, VMware)
- Troubleshoot and resolve Splunk configuration issues
- Exposure to database systems such as SQL Server, Oracle, etc. and networking infrastructure such as firewall, load balancers, DNS, active directory, etc.
- Dynatrace and AppDynamics monitoring tools - willing to train.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.