Solutions Architect, Cloud
The Personal & Business Banking Canada group works to translate business needs for customer and employee facing applications, either for the creation of a new application or enhancements of various existing applications, particularly online banking products. This Solution Architect will be tasked with working on projects involving the digital channels, credit card and digitization space.
This position will allow for a candidate to not only play a vital role in the development and implementation of solutions, but will be also involved in its socialization and adaption by the business sponsors. This role will allow a candidate to develop business and technical expertise in the Personal and Business Banking domain, be exposed to industry and leading edge architectures, solution patterns and technologies and develop meaningful cross-functional relationships with other groups at BMO. In addition, this role offers a strong likelihood of a conversion to permanent employment makes this position an excellent choice for a candidate looking for a longer-term commitment.
This candidate will be working with a team of the following make up:
- A team of solution architects (FTE and contractors)
- A team of Account Managers (AM), representing the business
- Business Analysts (BA) to aid in the collection and clarification of application requirements, of uncertain quantity
- The team is incredibly close-knit, collaborative and high performing.
(include but are not limited to):
Qualifications Must-Have Skills:
- Lead and manage technical solutions for enterprise programs, and portfolio projects
- Build effective solutions based on business requirements, as clarified by AM's and BA's
- Produce conceptual and logical architectures to meet strategic business, financial and technology objectives through documentation of systems, architectures, process flows and value-chains
- Ensure adherence of the solutions design with all relevant internal standards and external regulations.
- Manage trade-offs between speed to market, quality and financial impact
- Work alongside Account Managers and Business Analysts to clarify application requirements
- Attend requirements meetings and analysis meetings
- Clarify application components and consolidate requirements to account managers, which are further extended to the business for approval
- Work alongside the Enterprise Architecture team to gage the feasibility of application enhancements/creation and answer:
- Are these requirements feasible to implement?
- Are these requirements properly aligned with existing application features/limitations?
- How will this solution look once completed?
- Present and defend the solution at various governance forums.
- 5+ years of Solution Architect experience in a large, enterprise level environment
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise, application and information architecture design
- 5+ years of software development experience (no specific software development experience specified)
- Strong understanding of service-oriented architecture, databases, and data modeling techniques
- Strong experience with real-time and batch interface design and implementations, including sequence diagrams and documentation
- Strong understanding of TOGAF framework
- Strong experience designing and implementing micro-services
- Strong experience with SOAP/XML and RESTFUL/JSON schema design and implementation
- Strong experience with database structures and relational database design and modeling
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Previous banking/finance experience
- Previous experience working on digitization projects
- Previous experience working on mobile or online banking channels projects/groups
- Experience with Hadoop migration projects/initiatives
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written are a MUST
- Strong facilitation/negotiation skills are a MUST
- Ability to influence members of management and advocate for a solution whilst facing criticism is a MUST
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and multi-task numerous initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field
- TOGAF Certification or similar (preferred)
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.