Software Development Engineer in Test, Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 84210
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
As the Software Development Engineer in Test you'll be working on our Test Automation team at the Digital Factory. You'll work closely with your scrum team to evangelize an emphasis on quality. You'll develop, implement and execute test plans and test cases based on user stories and contribute to test automation tools and infrastructure by developing and augmenting test cases and test libraries. Are you the right person for this role?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You will write moderate to complex code/scripts to test systems.
- You will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining a modular, extensible and reusable test automation framework to enable the continuous testing in a DevOps environment
- You will be developing code to automate the testing (Unit/ Integration) of micro services (Rest APIs) and ensuring the adequate test coverage of the application code
- You will be partnering with development engineers during story and task breakdown to develop test approach that effectively cover the functional and performance characteristics of a feature
- You will be building, maintaining, and improving the existing automation framework, test harness, and processe
- You will become a SME on usage of entire application suite, processes, workflows, etc
- You will be directing day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits, and communicate it throughout the team.
- You will create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
- You will be working with Engineering Management to improve the testing process
- You have an understanding of enterprise software design principles - architecture, design patterns, OOP
What's in it for you?
- You have well rounded knowledge and a minimum of 3 experience in Java/ J2EE
- You have knowledge and a minimum of 2 years experience in Spring Boot
- You have knowledge of object-oriented software development best practices
- You have 2 years experience in developing Unit Tests and Integration Tests using testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, and RestAssured
- You have experience working in a DevOps environment. Experience with Java Build Tools: Maven or Gradle
- You have familiarity with OpenAPI Specification(OAS)/ Swagger, YAML, JSON
- You have knowledge/ experience in Java ORM Frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring DAO
- You have exposure to RDBMS such as Oracle or DB2. Knowledge and experience with SQL queries
- You have experience in building, integrating and deploying web services (REST/ SOAP/JSON/XML)
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station, which means more money in your pocket
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, so you can snack all day, every day
- Onsite fitness center, so you can feel your best
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much m ore!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Medical, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Technology, Healthcare, Finance, Engineering