Senior UX Researcher, Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 72758
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
We are looking for an experienced User Experience Researcher who will help elevate the practice of UX research within Scotiabank. As a Senior UX Researcher you will be part of the Design Community of Practice at the Digital Factory and a team of UX Researchers providing support for multiple product teams made up of designers, product managers, and engineers. You will conduct research using a variety of methods to verify mental models, validate concepts, and support the ongoing development and improvement of Scotiabank digital products.
You will partner with our accessibility team to evaluate products to ensure that they encompass inclusive design principles. You will contribute your research expertise to new initiatives to help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for our customers. In this role right for you?
• Provide guidance, support, and mentoring for other researchers on the team.
• Conduct remote and in-person research using a range of methods.
• Drive inclusiveness in principle and practice.
• Conduct usability testing to ensure that our products work for everyone.
• Lead workshops and other group activities that help build team consensus around research, vision, and customer needs.
• Create strategic connections with other teams to help foster customer-focused design and create opportunities to increase visibility into the team's activities.
• Participate in project kickoffs, design critiques and ideation sessions. Use these and other opportunities to share findings and insights from research and share key feedback from users.
• Incorporate a "continuous discovery" approach to informing and guiding product design and development.
• Work with project teams to determine research needs, identify the most appropriate methods, create protocols and plans, generate recruitment screeners, moderate sessions, analyze results, compile reports, and present findings.
• Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
• Generate insights that fuel ideation
• Evaluate designs through testing, reviews, and critiques
• Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods (such as surveys)
• Work cross-functionally with design, product management, data science, content strategy, engineering and marketing
• Act as a thought leader in research
• Advocate for the people who use our products
• Contribute to the conversation around best practices around how to build the best software for customers Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
• B.A/B.S. in a field related to human behavior, such as HCI, psychology, anthropology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics
• 5+ years' experience in product research and usability evaluation
• Experience with inclusive research and UX research that involves accessibility
• Collaborating closely with designers, developers, product managers, accessibility experts, and other disciplines to design, implement, and track new products or experiences
• Research experience in a product development or service design context
• Hands-on experience gathering requirements, prioritizing, planning research, identifying and recruiting the perfect participants, gathering data, analyzing & summarizing results, and sharing findings
• Comfort making design recommendations based on research and best practices
• Familiarity with combining qualitative and quantitative data
• A desire to continually experiment with and develop new methods
• Examples of how you influenced teams or companies to become more people-centred
• A love of asking questions, seeking answers, and working with others to solve difficult design problems
• Experience using empathy labs in a UX research context What's in it for you?
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
• Free shuttle service to and from Union station, which means more money in your pocket
• Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, so you can snack all day, every day
• Onsite fitness center, so you can feel your best
• This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
• Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
• Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
• A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Healthcare, Research, Finance, Engineering