Senior Software Engineer - Platform Organization
Requisition ID: 78383
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
PLATO API & Microservices Engineering team is the PLATO team which support Enterprise API and Banking-as-a-services (BaaS) engineering, development and architecture in PLATO. API Platform is an integrated set of technical products encapsulating critical enterprise engineering capabilities, automated processes, and Microservices architecture to enable high-velocity application development. You are expected to work on your own initiative with respect to defined goals and objectives set by your manager. The role:
We are looking for an energetic and results driven Senior Software Technical Lead
to join the passionate API Portal development team. This role will play as the core lead engineer accountable for the development of the self-serve API Portal integrated with API platform and tools. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Create the design of self-serve API Portal capabilities in alignment with the endorsed solution architecture.
- Develop and integrate the self-serve API Portal with other platforms and tools including Google Cloud Services, Gateways, DevOps pipeline, swagger editor and etc by technical leadership.
- Lead and mentor the team members by following engineering best practices.
- Conduct the proof of concept on new technologies or solutions with the interaction with vendors and main stakeholders.
- Provide estimates for new initiatives for the development / design component of the overall plan working with relevant team members / stakeholders.
- Conduct Waterfall and Agile development practices.
- Participating in Scrum planning, review, retrospective sessions and daily stand-ups.
- Our teams are flexible and fast - you will be asked to provide leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor and above degree in computer science, mathematics or equivalent education.
- 8+ year of recent experience in front-end web site development by coding in Drupal 8 or PHP framework.
- 3+ year of experience in ReactJS, Bootstrap and other similar frameworks for building fully responsive and customized websites.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar technology development experience with configuring, developing, and deploying scalable applications within web/application frameworks and servers (Apache/Tomcat/Undertow/Jetty/Netty, Spring Boots, Spring MVC and etc.)
- Proficient in SDLC engineering best practices on code branch strategies, feature management, version control, defect management, dependency management, release build, code review and etc.
- Solid knowledge of DevOps, Git, BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Good knowledge of the API design ecosystem: Swagger, Open API, YAML and etc.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Restful API development with good concept of HTTP protocol.
- Strong project and time management skills including multi-tasking in fast-paced development environments while keeping the attention to details, high standards for quality. Adaptable and flexible meet demands, being relentless and passionate to get the job done
- Prior working experience in banking/financial or large corporate IT environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to participate in team environment. Collaborative team player with communication skills to match
- Ability to effectively, and independently, manage multiple competing priorities with high attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and work under pressure.
- Ability to positively influence others to directly and indirectly lead large teams for success.
- Ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Software Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering