Senior Research Associate, Institutional Equity Research
- Toronto, ON, Canada Toronto ON CA
- Permanent, Full time
- CIBC - Canada
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
We’re on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we’re looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it. To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
The Capital Markets arm of CIBC provides corporate, government and institutional clients with innovative solutions to help them raise capital, and grow and invest actively throughout North America and key financial centres around the world. To deliver on its vision to be our clients’ preferred capital markets banking partner across multiple products and services, both in Canada and where our core competencies can be exported. The Capital Markets mission is to bring Canadian Capital Markets products to Canada and the rest of the world, and also bring the world to Canada.
The Equities team at CIBC Capital Markets understands what institutional investors value most: original ideas, top service and performance. Whether it's Bay Street or Wall Street, CIBC World Markets Inc. is there with the depth and breadth of product to advise on and execute the decisions of the investment community - anywhere in North America.
How You’ll Succeed
Relationship Building – As a Senior Research Associate the incumbent will work closely with the Head of Research Mining team covering the Metals and Mining sector which involves industry and company analysis.
Financial Analysis - The individual should have a depth of knowledge for financial analysis and capital markets. In the role, you will writing reports, develop and maintain financial and commodity supply-demand models, in order to forecast commodity prices and company cash flow and earnings.
Client Engagement - In addition will participate in quarterly conference calls with investors and analysts from competing firms to get direct data and interaction with the companies and industries senior management team. The position also provides the opportunity to liaise with our Sales, Trading, Investment Banking colleagues and clients as required.
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
- Education You’ve Completed. Preference is given to candidates who possess an MBA, and an undergraduate degree in Engineering or business-related discipline. Please include a writing sample along with your cover letter and resume.
- Industry Experience. Experience in the Metals & Mining industry preferred. Experience conducting financial analysis of companies in other industries and general knowledge of the capital market industry, and economics. Strong background in accounting and finance is a preference. Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- Technical Skills (Programs, Methodologies, Systems). Excellent knowledge of PC applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access). Working knowledge of financial software (i.e. Bloomberg, FactSet) is an asset. Ability to explain detailed financial and statistical analysis. Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Collaborative. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external clients. Demonstrated interest in the capital markets industry through school courses, clubs and/or related work experience.
- Detail Oriented. Strong multi-tasking and time management skills. Ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- Often required to work beyond normal business hours.
- Required to make frequent decisions in a fast paced work environment