Senior Platform Engineer (Oracle E-Biz)
Requisition ID: 68114
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose:
The senior platform engineer will be responsible for Infrastructure support and expert advice to troubleshoot issues related to Middleware. The incumbent would be responsible for working with Applications like OBIEE, Hyperion/Essbase, E-Business Suite 12.2 and Fusion Middleware technologies. Key Accountabilities:
- Hands-on experience with Oracle Middleware technologies and Oracle products like OBIEE, Hyperion, OFSAA and E-Business Suite and holds overall accountability for technical delivery and implementation of projects involving integration and installation.
- Manage and participate 'hands-on' in the implementation of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 multi-node SSL solutions in integration with SOA Integrated gateway and other Oracle solutions like OBIEE, Hyperion and PeopleSoft. Provide technical specifications and designs, and developing/maintaining programs according to standards. The incumbent must ensure software, programs and applications developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
- Proactively partners with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support business strategy.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all other team members and proactive in all aspects of application management. Provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, systems integration, and data modelling and testing.
- Work together with Solutions Architect to implement bank standards.
- Proactively design, cost, business case and strategize solutions to propose to the department and business line management
- Participate in the Architecture forum. Research and recommend enhancements to the strategic technology evolution of the organization based on new and emerging technologies
- Provide production and user acceptance testing support to complex technical problems by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support.
- Provides expert advice and counsel to Corporate, Business Partner and/or IT areas, and IT project teams on highly complex issues related to Oracle OBIEE, Hyperion and E-Business Suite
- Experience with Oracle Middleware technologies (OBIEE, Hyperion/Essbase, Oracle E-Business Suite) and Weblogic
- Must have "hands-on" experience with troubleshooting of complex issues with respect to OBIEE, Oracle E-Business Suite and other Middleware technologies
- Must have a keen interest in technology and are continually learning about enabling / emerging technologies
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Experience with shell/python scripting
- Experience with Oracle Database 12c and Applications
Nice to haves:
- Experience with DevOps tools like Jira, Jenkins, Bit-Bucket.
- Understanding of Cloud Foundry Model
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manufacturing Engineer, Oracle, Database, ERP, Banking, Engineering, Technology, Finance