Senior Manager, Pension Administration, Global Human Resources
Requisition ID: 79648
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Senior Manager Leads and oversees the Pension Administration department ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. ACCOUNTABILITIES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen internal client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Leads and drives the evolution of pension administration at the Bank by developing and implementing control standards, streamlining administration processes to maximize efficiencies and leveraging the Bank's internal HRIS technology.
- Develops and establishes measurable internal service level requirements to ensure optimal and equitable employee experience, improved turnaround times and managing expectations in responding to employee queries and escalations and internal stakeholder information requests. Once established, service level provisions are to be reviewed annually and modified as required to ensure continuous improvement and that they align with the Bank's ever changing internal technology systems.
- Oversees and manages the end-to-end annual plan statement activities including data collection management, data review process, sample statement review process and managing internal resources as well as any activities associated with the administration of new and existing pension plans.
- Manages and coaches a specialized team of Pension Officers to identify and drive quality service, and continuous process improvement in the administration of the Bank's pension plans.
- Development of approaches and processes for the administration of pension plans, and collaborate with Employee Services to ensures those processes can be delivered within their service model.
- Provides technical expertise, thought leadership and advice in the administration of the Bank's retirement programs by applying internal policies and balancing industry standards to the Bank's internal and external stakeholders.
- Vendor oversight and management of the Bank's pension plan administrators ensuring they regularly meet the agreed upon standards in service level agreements (SLA). In addition, annually reviewing SLAs to ensure standards match current administration practices within the Bank and accordingly make recommendations to amend agreements.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which their team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- 5+ years of experience in directing the activities and resources (internal and external) associated with the administration functions of multi-jurisdictional defined benefit and defined contribution retirement and savings programs.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian federal/provincial and US pension legislation and tax legislation.
- Strong understanding of Canadian and U.S. pension environment, including competitor/industry/regulator pension and savings plans practices, with the ability to maintain an industry network.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to perform in-depth analysis.
- High degree of initiative and sound judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel and Word)
- CEBS is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
HR Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, HR, Human Resources, Finance, Technology