Senior Manager, Online Investing Compliance
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think \u0022TD\u0022 if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The TD Wealth Compliance Department provides compliance advisory and second line oversight of TD Wealth businesses, including: TD Waterhouse Canada (an IIROC registrant that includes Private Investment Advice, Financial Planning, and Direct Investing), Private Investment Counsel (an OSC registrant), TD Asset Management (an OSC registrant), TD Investment Services (an MFDA registrant), Private Trust, and Private Banking. Key functions within the unit include the Chief Compliance Officers and their teams for each business line, Testing, Surveillance, Regulatory Investigations & Client Complaint Resolution, and marketing reviews. A multi-disciplinary team of compliance professionals supports these activities. Given the range of businesses supported, and the breadth of applicable regulations, the day-to-day work of the group is both interesting and complex, requiring compliance and wealth management subject matter expertise. The team has an immediate need for a Senior Manager, Online Investing Compliance. Job Description
Reporting to the AVP and CCO of TD Waterhouse, the Senior Manager will primarily lead the Compliance support and oversight of the TD Direct Investing (\u0022TDDI\u0022) business. This role will work closely with a broad array of stakeholders and senior leaders in Compliance, Governance & Control, Legal and business units and will provide advice, guidance, support and effective challenge of the business unit in meeting regulatory requirements and expectations.
The Senior Manager, Online Investing Compliance accountabilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Represent Compliance on business unit risk and conduct committee meetings as required and provide necessary Compliance reporting.
- Liaise with Human Resources, Wealth Shared Services (\u0022WSS\u0022), Legal and other Compliance units to ensure Compliance leads all internal investigations involving staff of TDDI. This includes planning and conducting interviews, producing investigation summaries and ensuring all regulatory filings are made in accordance with IIROC rules.
- As required, take the Compliance lead and work with WSS in the management of all regulatory examinations. This includes tracking and monitoring findings through to remediation.
- Be the source of regulatory information, advice and guidance for TDDI, and assist with maintaining and modernizing the Regulatory Library, Compliance Manuals and other key documents to continually evolve the effectiveness of the compliance program.
- Proficient and/or familiar with data analytics, automation, artificial intelligence and machine learning concepts.
- Act as a liaison with the Wealth Compliance Testing Team for all engagements that include TDDI.
- Assist in the review of annual compensation and reward and recognition programs to provide feedback and guidance in relation to potential conflicts of interest.
- Provide guidance to Registrations staff regarding the completion of IIROC Notices of Termination where required.
- Review regulatory matters that arise from IIROC registration applications.
- Act as Compliance SME on projects and initiatives as directed by the AVP, Compliance.
- Advise on regulatory changes, emerging risks, trends and best practices in compliance for retail wealth management businesses in Canada.
- Significant expertise in securities regulation.
- A high degree of professionalism, poise and leadership, with the ability to represent TD Wealth Compliance with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise and externally with regulators and industry peers.
- Strong influence skills, with the ability to work collaboratively across multiple management teams.
- The ability to work independently with support of the AVP on key issues. Expectation of the ability to create a high-quality written and verbal work product, setting a standard for the team and the Wealth Compliance organization.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to interpret laws and regulations and advise of their potential business, operational and risk impacts. Ability to elicit requirements from business perspective, synthesize the information, and articulate those requirements in a manner that can be easily understood.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work in a dynamic environment. Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions and to achieve goals while meeting a standard of excellence.
- Proven ability to develop good business relationships with internal partners. Display flexibility to adapt to, and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups.
- Ability to articulate critical issues for escalation and decisions while maintaining ownership of deliverables.
- University or College degree and minimum five years of relevant business experience preferred.
- Training and industry certifications, e.g. Canadian Securities Course, are preferred. Relevant law degree (JD or LLB) is desirable.
- Regulatory experience and experience in compliance or risk management programs is highly-desirable.
- Demonstrated excellence in business presentation skills including verbally, in writing, and in management report generation required.
- Experience in retail wealth management or securities compliance is considered an asset.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.